Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Htar

On sports reporters this morning

42 posts in this topic

I really want that rematch...Some unfinished business there.

And I want a rematch with with either Virginia Tech or Miami since they are only two teams in the ACC this year that we did not defeat. So I will be pulling for one of them Friday. :)

the number one seed should be based on a season's work, not the outcome of a tournament where you have a bunch of desperate teams trying to get into the dance.

UNC will get a one seed regardless of what happens in the ACC tourney. Memphis should NOT get a one seed...I think Oklahoma deserves a one seed before Memphis. Hell, I'd give Louisville a number 1 before Memphis. Memphis plays in a poo conference and their OOC schedule wasn't nearly as tough as their OOC schedule from last year. As for Oklahoma I think 2 of their losses came with Blake Griffen on the bench.

My prediction for the one seeds are UNC, UConn, Pitt, Oklahoma

The team I'm most worried about playing is Pitt.

1 seeds

UNC, Memphis (give them a 1 seed, i think they earned it), Pitt, Louisville

The #1 should be UNC, UConn, Pitt and MEM. LOU shouldnt get one. That being said UNC wont make the final 4 this year and the Big East could have 3 in it.

Has it ever happened that the current number one didn't get a top seed?

Highly doubt it, i'm just saying that the rankings don't mean anything.

the number one seed should be based on a season's work, not the outcome of a tournament where you have a bunch of desperate teams trying to get into the dance.

So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?

It's not where you start...

So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?

They didn't start high enough, have too many losses, will end up with a 2 seed based on that, which aint bad. UNC started the season at 1, finished the regular season at 1.

What has Memphis done to "earn" a 1 seed? Play in a crappy conference? The only tough games they've had, they've lost, except against Gonzaga. Their toughest opponents this year aside from Gonzaga were Syracuse, Georgetown and Xavier....games they lost. Are you serious???

We would get consideration, but I don't think we would get it, unless there are few upsets in other tournaments.

Of course I would settle for being a number two in whatever region Memphis is a number one (if Memphis gets one). Thats nearly as good as being a number one.

They didn't start high enough, have too many losses, will end up with a 2 seed based on that, which aint bad. UNC started the season at 1, finished the regular season at 1.

I don't think starting position means that much. Wake made it to number one. The to many losses are the losses to Miami, GT, and NCSU. Win one of those and we have a good shot at number one. Win all three and we are a 1 regardless of what happens this weekend.