UNC, Memphis (give them a 1 seed, i think they earned it), Pitt, Louisville

#17 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,341 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:39 PM

The #1 should be UNC, UConn, Pitt and MEM. LOU shouldnt get one. That being said UNC wont make the final 4 this year and the Big East could have 3 in it.

#18 tarheelblue89

tarheelblue89

More u spend, More u win

• HUDDLER
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:45 PM

Has it ever happened that the current number one didn't get a top seed?

Highly doubt it, i'm just saying that the rankings don't mean anything.

Edited by tarheelblue89, 09 March 2009 - 02:48 PM.

#19 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:59 PM

the number one seed should be based on a season's work, not the outcome of a tournament where you have a bunch of desperate teams trying to get into the dance.

So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?

#20 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 03:52 PM

It's not where you start...

#21 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:38 PM

So what if Wake goes on a run and beats Duke and UNC en route to winning the ACC tournament? Do they not get consideration for a #1 seed (of course not THE #1 overall seed)?

They didn't start high enough, have too many losses, will end up with a 2 seed based on that, which aint bad. UNC started the season at 1, finished the regular season at 1.

#22 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:46 PM

What has Memphis done to "earn" a 1 seed? Play in a crappy conference? The only tough games they've had, they've lost, except against Gonzaga. Their toughest opponents this year aside from Gonzaga were Syracuse, Georgetown and Xavier....games they lost. Are you serious???

#23 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,447 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

We would get consideration, but I don't think we would get it, unless there are few upsets in other tournaments.

Of course I would settle for being a number two in whatever region Memphis is a number one (if Memphis gets one). Thats nearly as good as being a number one.

#24 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,447 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:11 PM

They didn't start high enough, have too many losses, will end up with a 2 seed based on that, which aint bad. UNC started the season at 1, finished the regular season at 1.

I don't think starting position means that much. Wake made it to number one. The to many losses are the losses to Miami, GT, and NCSU. Win one of those and we have a good shot at number one. Win all three and we are a 1 regardless of what happens this weekend.

#25 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:24 AM

I don't think starting position means that much. Wake made it to number one. The to many losses are the losses to Miami, GT, and NCSU. Win one of those and we have a good shot at number one. Win all three and we are a 1 regardless of what happens this weekend.

Yeah starting position is based upon pre-season expectations, which is useless in both college football and basketball. There shouldn't be a poll until the first month of the season is completed. I guess my thing is that if Louisville wins the Big East tourney, they would get 1 seed consideration, even though they would also have 5 losses.

#26 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

Just because you are #1 in the nation doesn't mean you will get a #1 seed.

Has that ever happened? How can the #1 rated team in the country not get a #1 seed? That doesnt make any sense.:confused:

UNC is a lock for a #1 seed
Pitt and UConn both get #1 seeds
4th #1 seed goes to either Louisville, Memphis, or Duke if they win the ACC tournament

#27 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:47 AM

or Duke if they win the ACC tournament

So why would Duke get a 1 seed for winning the ACC tourney with 6 losses, but Wake wouldn't with 5??

#28 solorca

solorca

Eric Shelton Superfan.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:32 AM

So why would Duke get a 1 seed for winning the ACC tourney with 6 losses, but Wake wouldn't with 5??

I don't think Duke will get one either, but Wake has much worse losses.

Duke lost one to Wake, two to UNC, one to Michigan, one to Boston College, and on to Clemson. All of those teams should be in the NCAA tournament. Wake lost to some bottom feeders.

#29 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:33 PM

I'm still waiting on someone to justify Memphis getting a one seed this year.

BTW...Memphis is going to be stacked next year, especially if Evans stays (which I doubt).

#30 X-Clown

X-Clown

Positive Polly

• HUDDLER
  • 5,194 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

I don't think Duke will get one either, but Wake has much worse losses.

Duke lost one to Wake, two to UNC, one to Michigan, one to Boston College, and on to Clemson. All of those teams should be in the NCAA tournament. Wake lost to some bottom feeders.

Yeah, but on the contrary, they beat a lot of tournament teams. Duke, UNC, a sweep of both Clemson and BC, Florida State, and a tough road game against BYU who is currently in the top 25. And based upon tie breakers, they finished ahead of Duke in the ACC regular season. They've lost to some bottom feeders, but have performed really well against the top competition.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.