Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you be upset if we traded J-Stew?

90 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

What are the chances we will be able to lock up J-Stew long term? It is likely because we locked up DeAngelo, J-Stew will eventually be playing for another team. (The only way I see these guys staying together is if J-Stew just want to stay here versus being paid as a number one guy) So would any of you be upset if we traded him to get a quality starter at cornerback and some draft picks?

Posted · Report post

Very.

Posted · Report post

I've wondered the same thing. I feel like at some point Stew is going to want to be the number 1 guy, and seeing how we just gave Williams a huge contract I don't see Stewart and Williams switching roles anytime soon. He has two years left on his contract so I wouldn't even think about it till next year. But if next year comes and he's not happy in the number two spot work out a trade package with someone so we can get some value for him instead of letting him walk in free agency.

But maybe he like being part of double trouble and being a back up and its not something to worry about. Who knows.

Posted · Report post

Yes. JStew is a beast.

Posted · Report post

We are going to need all the RBs we can get....our QBs suck.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

It depends. If we got two first round picks and a sandwich to be named later for him, I would be ok with it. :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The_Cannon']I've wondered the same thing. I feel like at some point Stew is going to want to be the number 1 guy, and seeing how we just gave Williams a huge contract I don't see Stewart and Williams switching roles anytime soon. He has two years left on his contract so I wouldn't even think about it till next year. But if next year comes and he's not happy in the number two spot work out a trade package with someone so we can get some value for him instead of letting him walk in free agency.

But maybe he like being part of double trouble and being a back up and its not something to worry about. Who knows.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the only thing about waiting another year is, what if he shows he's injury prone? That would definitely decrease his trading value. Yet people already know how good Jonathan is right now, and his value right now is pretty high. This may be the best time to trade him. Yet he may settle for less money and enjoy being apart of our double trouble package. If he likes that, then we should keep him.

Posted · Report post

You don't trade your best players. You you just don't. RB's get injured more than any other position, and depth at that position is essential.

Posted · Report post

I refuse to even contemplate this.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I might cry a little considering my dad bought me a J-Stew jersey last Christmas because he thought D-Will wasn't gonna come back this season.

Posted · Report post

JStew doesn't have the kind of value to bring a starting CB and draft picks,
He's a RB who has foot issues and cant practice as a rule.
Red flag to most GMs. Trading Stew is not the answer.
1 person likes this