• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 JW56

JW56

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

Jimmy Clausen is getting Ripped on the NFL RedZone Report. Here’s a small excerpt, “Let me tell you something about Jimmy Clausen. Ready? I’m going to let you in on a secret. He sucks.” Dr. Roto goes on, “This guy should not be a pro quarterback. Maybe in the CFL, maybe a third stringer in the NFL somewhere, this guy is not a pro quarterback.” Here's the whole thing.

#2 Gazi

Gazi

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,831 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Posted Image

#3 Strawman

Strawman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationKissimmee FL

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

Don't believe there is any way you can make a definitive statement about a player, especially a qb, until they've at least had 3 years in the NFL. Some of them don't begin to blossom until after that, rich Gannon for example, or our own Steve Burline.

#4 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,555 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:26 PM

Zod is doing a fantastic job straying trolls away.

#5 Guest_Jacob3-89_*

Guest_Jacob3-89_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

All in favor to rename JW56 captain obvious?

#6 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

Don't believe there is any way you can make a definitive statement about a player, especially a qb, until they've at least had 3 years in the NFL. Some of them don't begin to blossom until after that, rich Gannon for example, or our own Steve Burline.

Yup i see Jimmy as a Gannon too its going to take a few years and it's not going to be on this team

Brees took 3 years to become elite , most fan believe because of certain QB's on other teams took their team to the playoffs early in the career that all young QB's should do it, while you hope for it as a fan, it's just not realistic

I hope Jimmy gets to start and does become great it just won't happen HERE

#7 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

Jimmy Jam has played well. Not great, not poor. Better than Cam has, but Cam has more upside.

#8 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:50 PM

One may argue the point, but Jimmy's technique as an actual QB is decidedly more polished than Cam's, but the problem is is that he's inexperienced with the reads and is somewhat skiddish (not that I can totally blame him). Whether he can greatly improve, still remains to be seen, but I do see some improvement. I am not ready to call him a bust, but neither am I ready to annoint him as the poor man's Drew Brees. He could be too short or too slow to start in the NFL, but only time will tell. I like his motivation, determination, and ability to be analytical about the whole situation because he has been placed in a tough spot since he became a pro.

#9 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,838 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

I really hope we have a new thread every time any tv or radio personality weighs in on one of our players. I feel so poorly informed that I didn't know "Dr. Roto" didn't like Jimmy! Someone call Rivera!

#10 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

All in favor to rename JW56 captain obvious?

that's me dumass

#11 Makish

Makish

Your In the Danger Zone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 842 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:00 PM

One may argue the point, but Jimmy's technique as an actual QB is decidedly more polished than Cam's, but the problem is is that he's inexperienced with the reads and is somewhat skiddish (not that I can totally blame him). Whether he can greatly improve, still remains to be seen, but I do see some improvement. I am not ready to call him a bust, but neither am I ready to annoint him as the poor man's Drew Brees. He could be too short or too slow to start in the NFL, but only time will tell. I like his motivation, determination, and ability to be analytical about the whole situation because he has been placed in a tough spot since he became a
pro.

didn't say he will become brees, just that he's in the same situation and will never get a fair shake here:seeya:

#12 Lemur Lathon

Lemur Lathon

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

I really hope we have a new thread every time any tv or radio personality weighs in on one of our players. I feel so poorly informed that I didn't know "Dr. Roto" didn't like Jimmy! Someone call Rivera!

I dont understand why you would complain about an informative post regarding the panthers , These forums should stand as a place where all info concerning the panthers can be found. Instead we have only a small handful of people able to start new threads, and site admins who never answer emails, and smart@ss comments like yours. :)

#13 XLR8

XLR8

Flag that Swag

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:25 PM

Jimmy Clausen is getting Ripped on the NFL RedZone Report. Here’s a small excerpt, “Let me tell you something about Jimmy Clausen. Ready? I’m going to let you in on a secret. He sucks.” Dr. Roto goes on, “This guy should not be a pro quarterback. Maybe in the CFL, maybe a third stringer in the NFL somewhere, this guy is not a pro quarterback.” Here's the whole thing.

What a great way for a first post :rolleyes:

#14 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,735 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

I dont understand why you would complain about an informative post regarding the panthers , These forums should stand as a place where all info concerning the panthers can be found. Instead we have only a small handful of people able to start new threads, and site admins who never answer emails, and smart@ss comments like yours. :)

LOL. Welcome to the Huddle!

#15 Lemur Lathon

Lemur Lathon

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 20 August 2011 - 05:31 PM

hehe ty, and thnx to whoever updated my perms! Happy Now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com