Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gipetto

Sam bradfords first preseason start VS Cams

51 posts in this topic

What is he suppose to look like if not a rookie?

If I'm not mistaken, Sam looked like a rookie last year also. As a matter of fact, his start in the preseason ended pretty much like Cam's. He got nothing out of his game and according to the media who labeled him "PRO READY," he was ruffed up in his debut as a starter in the preseason. But unlike Cam, they blamed it on his offense.

He's supposed to look like a rookie, which is what he looked like. It's not a problem to me that he looked like a rookie, but it's why I want him to sit some time. He'll get better, and then he can take over the job.

Stop talking about the pro ready bullshit, it doesn't matter at this point what people thought of players before the draft.

Sam bradford - 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards

Cam newton - 7 of 14 passes for 66 yards

Stop worrying

So does that mean that you could use this for Clausen too? Something along the lines of.

Terry Bradshaw- Horrible Rookie Campaign.

Jimmy Clausen- Horrible Rookie Campaign.

Stop worrying?

If not, then there's a lot of bias here...

1 person likes this

He's supposed to look like a rookie, which is what he looked like. It's not a problem to me that he looked like a rookie, but it's why I want him to sit some time. He'll get better, and then he can take over the job.

Stop talking about the pro ready bullpoo, it doesn't matter at this point what people thought of players before the draft.

Hmmmm...Really??? Is that why so many are so quick to still compare Cam to Jamarcus Russell even thou the reality says otherwise?

Hmmmm...Really??? Is that why so many are so quick to still compare Cam to Jamarcus Russell even thou the reality says otherwise?

uhm yes, really. those comparisons to Russell, Big Ben, Vick were all premature before the draft and they still are now. There's no point in discussing who was considered more pro ready before the draft, and that has no relevance at all to j russell because nobody complained that he wasn't pro ready, they thought he was great and awesome and then he decided twinkies were more important then football (something cam will never do)

also bradford wasn't roughed up at all as a starter in the preseason... he followed up his start by being perfect against the ravens in one quarter of action, throwing a TD on 68 yards passing (6/6)

also, gipetto, can you edit the OP? here are sam bradford's stats in his first preseason game as starter. 15/22 for 189 yards with 2 tds, 0 ints in the first half of the 3rd preseason game against NE Patriots.

Yes stats mean everything.

they don't mean anything in the preseason, but if you're going to compare the first preseason starts of rookies for some stupid reason, you might as well actually use the right numbers.

I still feel pretty good about cam. When he throws i dont feel like holding my breath as with clausen. We've seen what the kid can do in practice, lets give him some time. More importantly lets give him some targets. The whole reason we drafted him was his down field passing ability and we have yet to see the very tool we exspect him to use. The offense will look worlds when smithers is streaking the 9 route and shockey and olsen are digging away at the slants and out routes. What we really need is a good route runner possession type guy.

only to computers and KC Joyner..

they don't mean anything in the preseason, but if you're going to compare the first preseason starts of rookies for some stupid reason, you might as well actually use the right numbers.

he started the first week of the preseason..maybe your missing something.