Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gipetto

Sam bradfords first preseason start VS Cams

51 posts in this topic

also, gipetto, can you edit the OP? here are sam bradford's stats in his first preseason game as starter. 15/22 for 189 yards with 2 tds, 0 ints in the first half of the 3rd preseason game against NE Patriots.

Yes stats mean everything.

they don't mean anything in the preseason, but if you're going to compare the first preseason starts of rookies for some stupid reason, you might as well actually use the right numbers.

I still feel pretty good about cam. When he throws i dont feel like holding my breath as with clausen. We've seen what the kid can do in practice, lets give him some time. More importantly lets give him some targets. The whole reason we drafted him was his down field passing ability and we have yet to see the very tool we exspect him to use. The offense will look worlds when smithers is streaking the 9 route and shockey and olsen are digging away at the slants and out routes. What we really need is a good route runner possession type guy.

only to computers and KC Joyner..

they don't mean anything in the preseason, but if you're going to compare the first preseason starts of rookies for some stupid reason, you might as well actually use the right numbers.

he started the first week of the preseason..maybe your missing something.

Notice how nice and glowing that review was after Sam's third attempt as back up during the preseason? Yes, he past his first test. Yet his numbers are very similiar to Cam's and no such words were utter over him. As a matter of fact one writer already has Cam practically out of the NFL after last night's game.

Funny, but when Sam struggled his preseason, the media placed a positive or reassuring spin to his games. I guess cause the eleite media all backed him as "ready for the NFL. Must gloss over the weaknesses of those u promote. No such positive or reassuring spin for Cam..Gee I wonder why?

Wasn't that Sam's stat after his third preseason game? This is what it says

He went 15-of-22 passing for 189 yards after struggling as a backup in his first two games.

he started the first week of the preseason..maybe your missing something.

no he didn't... even if you think his NFL.com gamelogs are wrong... http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/23/sam-bradford-will-start-on-thursday/

On Sunday, Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said that, if quarterback A.J. Feeley can’t practice this week, rookie Sam Bradford will start on Thursday night against the Patriots.

Notice how nice and glowing that review was after Sam's third attempt as back up during the preseason? Yes, he past his first test. Yet his numbers are very similiar to Cam's and no such words were utter over him. As a matter of fact one writer already has Cam practically out of the NFL after last night's game.

Funny, but when Sam struggled his preseason, the media placed a positive or reassuring spin to his games. I guess cause the eleite media all backed him as "ready for the NFL. Must gloss over the weaknesses of those u promote. No such positive or reassuring spin for Cam..Gee I wonder why?

what the hell are you talking about, Bradford's first preseason start was NOTHING like Cam's... The article even says he wasn't very good as a backup in his first two preseason games if you actually read it. Did you even look at Bradford's numberS?

and here are some tidbits from Bradford's first two games as a backup:

From his first preseason game:

Sam Bradford took the field to a big ovation. Soon enough, reality sank in for the centerpiece of the Rams' rebuilding effort.

Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, had an early case of the jitters, short-arming a pitch and bobbling a snap the first two plays, looked poised while hitting four of his first five passes, then ended with an extended rough patch in the Minnesota Vikings' 28-7 preseason-opening victory Saturday night... Bradford completed just two of his last eight passes against Vikings second-teamers, finishing 6 of 13 for 57 yards while being sacked four time

from his next game:

Rams rookie quarterback Sam Bradford had his second consecutive shaky outing. The No. 1 overall draft pick, expected to start for this season, went 6 of 14 for 24 yards after coming off the bench behind A.J. Feeley.