• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:28 PM

also, gipetto, can you edit the OP? here are sam bradford's stats in his first preseason game as starter. 15/22 for 189 yards with 2 tds, 0 ints in the first half of the 3rd preseason game against NE Patriots.

#32 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,971 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:29 PM

Yes stats mean everything.

#33 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

they don't mean anything in the preseason, but if you're going to compare the first preseason starts of rookies for some stupid reason, you might as well actually use the right numbers.

#34 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,090 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:31 PM

I still feel pretty good about cam. When he throws i dont feel like holding my breath as with clausen. We've seen what the kid can do in practice, lets give him some time. More importantly lets give him some targets. The whole reason we drafted him was his down field passing ability and we have yet to see the very tool we exspect him to use. The offense will look worlds when smithers is streaking the 9 route and shockey and olsen are digging away at the slants and out routes. What we really need is a good route runner possession type guy.

#35 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

only to computers and KC Joyner..

#36 Sword

Sword

Ninja Pirate

• HUDDLER
  • 2,174 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

they don't mean anything in the preseason, but if you're going to compare the first preseason starts of rookies for some stupid reason, you might as well actually use the right numbers.

he started the first week of the preseason..maybe your missing something.

#37 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

You Paid A Dollar For This?

• HUDDLER
  • 17,519 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:40 PM

http://maverickphilo...07d5e970b-320wi

#38 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:42 PM

hey guys...

sam bradford's first preseason start:
http://www.nfl.com/g...3/rams@patriots

now what do you see about those numbers?

Notice how nice and glowing that review was after Sam's third attempt as back up during the preseason? Yes, he past his first test. Yet his numbers are very similiar to Cam's and no such words were utter over him. As a matter of fact one writer already has Cam practically out of the NFL after last night's game.

Funny, but when Sam struggled his preseason, the media placed a positive or reassuring spin to his games. I guess cause the eleite media all backed him as "ready for the NFL. Must gloss over the weaknesses of those u promote. No such positive or reassuring spin for Cam..Gee I wonder why?

#39 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Wasn't that Sam's stat after his third preseason game? This is what it says

He went 15-of-22 passing for 189 yards after struggling as a backup in his first two games.

#40 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:51 PM

he started the first week of the preseason..maybe your missing something.

no he didn't... even if you think his NFL.com gamelogs are wrong... http://profootballta...rt-on-thursday/

On Sunday, Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said that, if quarterback A.J. Feeley can’t practice this week, rookie Sam Bradford will start on Thursday night against the Patriots.

Notice how nice and glowing that review was after Sam's third attempt as back up during the preseason? Yes, he past his first test. Yet his numbers are very similiar to Cam's and no such words were utter over him. As a matter of fact one writer already has Cam practically out of the NFL after last night's game.

Funny, but when Sam struggled his preseason, the media placed a positive or reassuring spin to his games. I guess cause the eleite media all backed him as "ready for the NFL. Must gloss over the weaknesses of those u promote. No such positive or reassuring spin for Cam..Gee I wonder why?

what the hell are you talking about, Bradford's first preseason start was NOTHING like Cam's... The article even says he wasn't very good as a backup in his first two preseason games if you actually read it. Did you even look at Bradford's numberS?

and here are some tidbits from Bradford's first two games as a backup:
From his first preseason game:

Sam Bradford took the field to a big ovation. Soon enough, reality sank in for the centerpiece of the Rams' rebuilding effort.

Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, had an early case of the jitters, short-arming a pitch and bobbling a snap the first two plays, looked poised while hitting four of his first five passes, then ended with an extended rough patch in the Minnesota Vikings' 28-7 preseason-opening victory Saturday night... Bradford completed just two of his last eight passes against Vikings second-teamers, finishing 6 of 13 for 57 yards while being sacked four time

from his next game:

Rams rookie quarterback Sam Bradford had his second consecutive shaky outing. The No. 1 overall draft pick, expected to start for this season, went 6 of 14 for 24 yards after coming off the bench behind A.J. Feeley.

#41 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,553 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Wasn't that Sam's stat after his third preseason game? This is what it says

Yes, but Cam's numbers posted in the OP and the title of the thread implied the OP was talking about his numbers as a starter.

Here is the OP:

Sam bradfords first preseason start VS Cams
Sam bradford - 6-of-13 passes for 57 yards

Cam newton - 7 of 14 passes for 66 yards

Stop worrying

If we're talking about the first preseason game they played in, it should read:

Sam Bradford - 6/13, 57 yards
Cam Newton - 8/19, 134 yards.

But the OP was clearly looking for Bradford's first numbers *as a starter* based on the title of the post and the numbers from Cam he used.

All this is silly, preseason stats mean nothing...

#42 Ted Stryker

Ted Stryker

Covetous Jew

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

So does that mean that you could use this for Clausen too? Something along the lines of.

Terry Bradshaw- Horrible Rookie Campaign.

Jimmy Clausen- Horrible Rookie Campaign.

Stop worrying?

If not, then there's a lot of bias here...

Except unlike Clausen Bradshaw had a rocket arm and confidence out his a** and the reason he struggled was he forced alot of stuff deep.He also was a leader, no for Jimmay. He went on to win 4 Super Bowls btw

#43 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,146 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Sam Bradford will never be an NFL QB. :rolleyes:

BTW the point of the OP isn't to compare the games and saying Cam = Bradford or Cam > Bradford.

His point is quit getting you panties in a bunch and fretting over these numbers. They mean poo to you, to me, and most importantly to Ron Rivera.

These games are not what Ron Rivera will base his decision off of. They don't practice just to slapass around. In actuality that is where the real work is being done.

Cam probably isn't ready to start. But Jimmy is so close to him it makes no sense not to start Cam IMO. If Jimmy was lighting it up and throwing darts all over the field I would be 100% percent behind sitting Cam for a while.

The reality is that Clausen and Cam are about equal at this point. Therefore a tie goes to the #1 pick.

Edited by teeray, 20 August 2011 - 08:38 PM.

#44 The Saltman

The Saltman

I am always watching so make sure you keep your clothes on

• Moderators
  • 24,971 posts
  • LocationAtlanta,GA

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

:lol: you make a good point

#45 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

Except unlike Clausen Bradshaw had a rocket arm and confidence out his a** and the reason he struggled was he forced alot of stuff deep.He also was a leader, no for Jimmay. He went on to win 4 Super Bowls btw

Thanks for missing the obvious point. If they gave up on him after one season, boy would they have looked like idiots.

Check out Troy Aikman as well.

If you were alive back then and lived it, then you'd know what you're talking about. If you were, then kuddos to you. I wasn't but I know he had a really bad season, Bradshaw I mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com