Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffett: Economy has fallen off a cliff

14 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

In a recent interview, Warren Buffett said he believes patriotic Republicans and Democrats will realize the nation is engaged in an economic war.

"What is required is a commander in chief that's looked at like a commander in chief in a time of war," Buffett said.

Oops, we picked Obama.

Posted · Report post

Oops, the other guy might not have survived the tenure either.

Posted · Report post

either choice wouldn't have mattered much. Thats a good view to take though. At least Obama will hopefully get us back some respect from the rest of the world.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='catfang']either choice wouldn't have mattered much. Thats a good view to take though. [B]At least Obama will hopefully get us back some respect from the rest of the world[/B].[/quote]
:confused: How??

I guess the world did love The Three Stooges.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='djshinodalp']Oops, the other guy might not have survived the tenure either.[/quote]

He had a long, distinguished career of working with the other side. Obama? Not so much.

Posted · Report post

I think he meant that Palin would probably have taken over at some point.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']In a recent interview, Warren Buffett said he believes patriotic Republicans and Democrats will realize the nation is engaged in an economic war.

"What is required is a commander in chief that's looked at like a commander in chief in a time of war," Buffett said.

Oops, we picked Obama.[/quote]

If you are not the one looking at him that way, that's your problem, not his. He is definitely taking action - will it work, or even help? I don't know. But at least he is not telling you that the market will play itself out, and all we need to do is keep our hands off of it - that's non-leadership in an event like this.

We all know you hate Obamas ideas, you hate the people in charge now, all that - but just remember that we already had the other side running things and people voted them out, and for change - any change. You have 4 years to generate bullshit, pace yourself.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']If you are not the one looking at him that way, that's your problem, not his. He is definitely taking action - will it work, or even help? I don't know. But at least he is not telling you that the market will play itself out, and all we need to do is keep our hands off of it - that's non-leadership in an event like this.

We all know you hate Obamas ideas, you hate the people in charge now, all that - but just remember that we already had the other side running things and people voted them out, and for [B]change - any change.[/B] You have 4 years to generate bullshit, pace yourself.[/quote]

"Change- any change". This is the statement that made me lose faith in a lot of my fellow 'mericans. It is just sooooooooooooo stupid.

We sure got our change. We've got change spilling out of our asses.

Posted · Report post

Buffett is (or was) an obama supporter.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Jase']Buffett is (or was) an obama supporter.[/quote]

Quite vocally during the election if I recall.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']He had a long, distinguished career of working with the other side. Obama? Not so much.[/quote]

[quote name='Panthro']I think he meant that Palin would probably have taken over at some point.[/quote]

This.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Panthro']I think he meant that Palin would probably have taken over at some point.[/quote]

Drill Baby Drill!

Posted · Report post

[quote name='cookinwithgas']If you are not the one looking at him that way, that's your problem, not his. He is definitely taking action - will it work, or even help? I don't know. But at least he is not telling you that the market will play itself out, and all we need to do is keep our hands off of it - that's non-leadership in an event like this.

We all know you hate Obamas ideas, you hate the people in charge now, all that - but just remember that we already had the other side running things and people voted them out, and for change - any change. You have 4 years to generate bullshit, pace yourself.[/quote]

Who pooped in your cereal this morning? That's what you get for eating Count Chocula.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Meat']Who pooped in your cereal this morning? That's what you get for eating Count Chocula.[/quote]

lol, what a sad little reply there.