Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micnificent28

Legedu Naanee

79 posts in this topic

If Naanee doesn't have what it takes to make the team then I would love to see Pilares and Edwards take his spot. Honestly I think David Clowney deserves to make the team more than Naanee right now. Its only the preseason though and a lot can change before opening day.

It's too early to release Naane, but he really hasn't shown anything in actual game time. Basically, I think its mainly that the recievers and the qb are just not on the same page in the playbook sometimes and it will take a little while for them to adjust. That said...we look like CRAP out there regardless. LaFell is the one that needs to step up (and the one that is more disappointing to me). He has been here longer than Naane.

Clowney is a good receiver, but I think he is the odd man out. Unless they keep 6 WR.

Its really too early to fully evaluate any player. There have been those that have flashed some ability like Olsen, Armanti and Sutton. But this recieving core has been super quiet all preseason. Smitty adds fuel to the fire, but right now we need a player to be that spark that lights the flame.

Miami and NYG were pretty easily able to extiguish it. I don't see any NFC South team that would be concerned about our passing game.

1 person likes this

How can he be open when they play has not even fully developed because of our O-line.

He also doesn't run the best routes and is pretty slow. D.jarrett anyone?

Wow .. 4.4 is slow? .. so in highschool when i got clocked at 4.53 and my coach said holy poo loud enough for me to hear it on the other side of the field .. I was actually running the speed of smell .. awesome.

Jarrett was a high 4.6 guy btw.

And i'm sure he will but,give me a reason to believe in you. Lafell seems to have just about as much ability as Naane.

and won't matter since neither qb can hit them consistently.

This whole debate is about getting rid of him or keeping him without considerating the issues that our coaching staff are facing right now. They aren't deciding who the 53 man roster is going to be but simply who makes the 75 man limit in preseason. If there are 7 or 8 receivers who make the cut at this point, then is Naanee one of those guys? If so then the rest right now is still being sorted out. We should have a good idea in another week who will be on the bubble and who has a secure role.

But for now, Clowney, Naanee, Martin, Smith, Edwards, LaFell and Pilares are likely safe. Don't know about players like Guy, Adams and Wright at this point. Or how many nake the final roster.

Wow .. 4.4 is slow? .. so in highschool when i got clocked at 4.53 and my coach said holy poo loud enough for me to hear it on the other side of the field .. I was actually running the speed of smell .. awesome.

I want to see you run a 4.4 with electronic timing, cos unless you're a sprinter that isn't going to happen.

I just dont see how you keep this guy over Clowney or Martin who are making plays.

Number 1 unless your a linebacker or defensive lineman tightend a 4.5 is just average. As for naanee the comparision is to there ability to catch the ball but get no separation. Just like jarrett, maybe he runs awful routes or something. Like another poster has said, clowney has out played naanee to this point. Maybe when smith comes back he'll look more effective. As for now i see nothing to get excited about.

naanee has outperformed a lot of our receivers in camp, knows the offense, is a proven veteran, and while he may not be what we want in a #2, he has ability to make plays and with his familiarity with Chud and Rivera I would be astonished if they cut him, since none of our receivers are really standing out in first team reps in the preseason.