Photo
- - - - -

Rangers @ Canes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Ncstatefan

Ncstatefan

GO PACK!!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

New York Rangers (34-24-8) vs Carolina (35-27-5)
7:00 PM EST Versus

Scott Walker bobble head night.

EDIT: The Canes are now in the 9th spot after some wins yesterday; 1 point away from 7th/8th, thanks merch. This is a nationally televised battle for the eastern conference playoffs. The Ruutu - Staal - Cole line combined for 15 points last game and look to continue their domination tonight.
The Rangers are coming off a win against Boston.

Ward will be in net for the Canes while Lundqvist will be in for the Rangers.

I predict Canes win 4-2.

I will be in section 334.

Edited by Ncstatefan, 09 March 2009 - 01:08 PM.

#2 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Hey I just looked up the standings. After yesterdays wins we now sit 9th. one point away from 8th and 7th and 2 points out of 6th and 5th. If we keep winning the skies the limits. One game at a time I know, but after watching the stars get beat by the canadiens in dallas yesterday this road trip upcomming does not look quite as scary

#3 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,216 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

I'm so friggin' pumped for this game. Which usually doesn't bode well.

#4 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:49 PM

I think the importance of this game speaks for itself. I expect a win tonight. I just hope that the guys don't come out sluggish like they have in more recent big games at home.

#5 VGcollector

VGcollector

Huddle General

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:53 PM

hey all i'm new to the NHL (needed something till football) and So far we winning.Also Cole is really good as pointed out by VS commentators.

#6 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

What channel is this game on?

#7 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

I am a Ducks fan but keep a special place in my heart for you guys. Looks like you guys will make the POs before we will GO Canes!

#8 VGcollector

VGcollector

Huddle General

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

i'm watching on the versus (VS) channel

#9 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

great final 2 periods, canes were a little shaky in the beginning but pulled it together as the game went on. great win

also, avery is such a douche

#10 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,502 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 09:31 PM

in 6th spot with a possible postseason first round match up with the caps. That would be fun.

#11 Peppa Jack Supreme

Peppa Jack Supreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 11:31 PM

What a great game. They played big time hockey for 60 mins and never let up. The forechecking was as good as has been all season. This game looked like the best game they have played all season. Just gotta keep it rolling in to Chicago.

#12 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

great final 2 periods, canes were a little shaky in the beginning but pulled it together as the game went on. great win

also, avery is such a douche

Oh that has to be understatement of the year. Can't stand that guy.

On a more positive note, the Canes played great. The only part of the game where they were really out done was the first half of the first period. However, they played pretty well on the back check. It was just getting the passing game going that took a bit.

Even though our PP didn't produce any goals on the first few attempts, they looked pretty good, and got some good scoring chances in all of them. Rangers PK was pretty phenomenal last night. But, great game for Ward and the defense. Can't complain about a shutout.

#13 RedMage138

RedMage138

YES!YES!YES!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,533 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:06 AM

Oh that has to be understatement of the year. Can't stand that guy.

On a more positive note, the Canes played great. The only part of the game where they were really out done was the first half of the first period. However, they played pretty well on the back check. It was just getting the passing game going that took a bit.

Even though our PP didn't produce any goals on the first few attempts, they looked pretty good, and got some good scoring chances in all of them. Rangers PK was pretty phenomenal last night. But, great game for Ward and the defense. Can't complain about a shutout.

yeah i was up in the cheap seats and every time we got it past the blue line on the power play people started yelling "shoot it" and I can't stand that poo. Honestly, I dislike the casual hockey fan.

I was impressed by the effort all night, some great forechecking by Staal and Cole gave us some opportunities but they couldn't capitalize on them.

#14 Mesmer

Mesmer

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,896 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 09:56 AM

Also how many times did the NYR turn the puck over in our zone on the blue line and have it lead to a breakaway (or near breakaway chance) for us? I couldn't believe it.

Forgot to mention that I wish Staal had scored. He played great last night and got a lot of opportunities, but couldn't find the back of the net.

#15 merchman567

merchman567

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:35 PM

I missed the game due to work but i kept checking my cell phone for score updates! I just watched the highlights although they didnt light the score up they still got many great shots at the net. Thats all you can ask... and the good defense there playing is the best all year. Excited is an understatement how i feel about this team right now. Go Canes!

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com