Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ncstatefan

Rangers @ Canes

16 posts in this topic

Oh that has to be understatement of the year. Can't stand that guy.

On a more positive note, the Canes played great. The only part of the game where they were really out done was the first half of the first period. However, they played pretty well on the back check. It was just getting the passing game going that took a bit.

Even though our PP didn't produce any goals on the first few attempts, they looked pretty good, and got some good scoring chances in all of them. Rangers PK was pretty phenomenal last night. But, great game for Ward and the defense. Can't complain about a shutout.

yeah i was up in the cheap seats and every time we got it past the blue line on the power play people started yelling "shoot it" and I can't stand that poo. Honestly, I dislike the casual hockey fan.

I was impressed by the effort all night, some great forechecking by Staal and Cole gave us some opportunities but they couldn't capitalize on them.

Also how many times did the NYR turn the puck over in our zone on the blue line and have it lead to a breakaway (or near breakaway chance) for us? I couldn't believe it.

Forgot to mention that I wish Staal had scored. He played great last night and got a lot of opportunities, but couldn't find the back of the net.

I missed the game due to work but i kept checking my cell phone for score updates! I just watched the highlights although they didnt light the score up they still got many great shots at the net. Thats all you can ask... and the good defense there playing is the best all year. Excited is an understatement how i feel about this team right now. Go Canes!

The Canes are looking great. I am going to reserve judgement however, until they lock up a playoff spot. They looked great at this point last season as well, before choking in the last week of the season.