Newton starter vs Bengals, Week 1 starter TBD

• Please log in to reply
532 replies to this topic

#511 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,285 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:06 PM

dude, Hurney told him he was drafted to be our franchise Qb. I'm sorry if you have issue with that. Dam near the entire fanbase saw him as our "qb of the future." It doesn't matter if Fox/Rivera didn't draft him, we thought we'd be building around him.

where is that stat coming from, btw? I hadn't seen it.

Fact remains he wasn't drafted for Fox's Panthers nor Rivera's Panthers. Again, that would be like John Elway and the Broncos getting Reggie Bush and then hiring John Fox and Denver claiming Bush was going to be the workhorse and featured RB. It doesn't work backwards like that. QBs have to fit systems....and that is why teams get QBs that fit what there coaches want. Therefore he was not legitimately drafted to be our franchise QB. That was just talk you are refering to....nothing more.

Who thought we would build around him?? Carolina drafted him b/c they didn't know what they would do going forward....they ended up hiring Rivera and Chud. Clausen was just a QB who was worth the cost. He was talent......they potential could fit if they went in a certain direction after Fox. They didn't go that direction.

Have to search old threads. It is broken down about the bust/success rate looking at the last decade. I mean it is subjective......in terms of what is a bust vs. success.

Edited by CRA, 22 August 2011 - 06:11 PM.

#512 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

I kinda like reventually. Not sure in what context I could use it, but it has a nice ring to it. Very Alexander Haig-like.

I work in accounting/finance so and I had to send an email to our systems people to see if two accounts were linked "Revenually" meaning revenue was only taken on one job but it accounted for both.

They were linked contractually, but not revenually and they needed to be.

#513 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:21 PM

I work in accounting/finance so and I had to send an email to our systems people to see if two accounts were linked "Revenually" meaning revenue was only taken on one job but it accounted for both.

They were linked contractually, but not revenually and they needed to be.

Ah, I misread it. While yours is probably fully appropriate, I like reventually more. It's like eventually all over again.

Ok, back to the subject at hand, hater.;)

#514 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

Got it.

Cam will reventually get his footwork together, I just hope it's before his contract expires.

#515 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:29 PM

so wait, would it be like "A Panther rookie starting 2011 means the panthers will reventually get the #1 draft pick"? ;) no i don't think that.

#516 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

^^ Better use than mine

#517 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,709 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:35 PM

so wait, would it be like "A Panther rookie starting 2011 means the panthers will reventually get the #1 draft pick"? ;) no i don't think that.

Perfect.

I am on the phone to Merriam Webster as we speak.

#518 IP Banned Dtan

IP Banned Dtan

Banned

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

And so it begins....

#519 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

And so it begins....

U finally got banned huh...what did you do.

#520 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

See if you can get revenually in there as well.

And actuals

I hate that actuals isn't a word.

#521 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

actuals is a word I thought? isn't it basically the actual item that is being traded for on the market?

edit: apparently actuals are "physical items/commodities delivered at the completion of a contract, or the physical item that underlies a contract"

ok let's see...

blech nevermind, can't make it work

Edited by mav1234, 22 August 2011 - 06:57 PM.

#522 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:56 PM

actuals is a word I thought? isn't it basically the actual item that is being traded for on the market?

edit: apparently actuals are "physical items/commodities delivered at the completion of a contract, or the physical item that underlies a contract"

ok let's see...

"The rookie wage scale may keep the Panthers from being revenually beholden to Cam Newton too deeply, but we still hope our investment in him leads to the actuals of an NFL championship... but at this point I'd settle for us not reventually being stuck with the #1 pick in 2012"

It doesn't come up in any of my dictionaries.

I use it like this: "We've seen the forecast, but have we looked at how the actuals compare to that?"

#523 mav1234

mav1234

• ALL-PRO
  • 16,762 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/actual could suggest that the origin of the business term I quoted is from that very idea that you represent in that quote. When used as a noun, an actual can be plural, therefore it is a word and you win or lose, depending on how you look at it.

#524 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:03 PM

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/actual could suggest that the origin of the business term I quoted is from that very idea that you represent in that quote. When used as a noun, an actual can be plural, therefore it is a word and you win or lose, depending on how you look at it.

Outlook always makes that poo bright red for me...I get so pissed.

Fug it.

#525 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Everyone thinks he has a very high ceiling.

The differing of opinions comes from where he is now. The haters believe he's a little further back than the huggers.

We may be some differences on where Cam is at this moment, or even how high his ceiling actually is.

There are virtually no items that everyone on the huddle seems to agree on, save one.

And that one is that you are a complete idiot.

That is all.

Edited by MadHatter, 22 August 2011 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com