Photo
- - - - -

Newton starter vs Bengals, Week 1 starter TBD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
532 replies to this topic

#526 mav1234

mav1234

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

We may be some differences on where Cam is at this moment and even how high his ceiling actually is.

There are virtually no items that everyone on the huddle seems to agree on, save one.

And that one is that you are a complete idiot.

That is all.

not that I mind grammatical mistakes, but there's something amusing about people who make them while calling another poster an idiot.

#527 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

not that I mind grammatical mistakes, but there's something amusing about people who make them while calling another poster an idiot.

My comment had nothing to do with his grammer nor his spelling. It strictly is related to the fact that he is an annoying little poo.

#528 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:00 PM

actuals is a word I thought? isn't it basically the actual item that is being traded for on the market?

edit: apparently actuals are "physical items/commodities delivered at the completion of a contract, or the physical item that underlies a contract"

ok let's see...

blech nevermind, can't make it work

How about this:

"At 6' 5" and 248, Cam Newton's actuals scare the crap out of Jimmy Clausen.

#529 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

All I know is that IF he remains the starter going into regular season, he better win some games. None of this "oh 4 games would be enough" for Newton. There is too much talent on this team for anyone not to win games. Even Delhomme could do damage with this talent.

My expectations: at LEAST 7 wins.

#530 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

All I know is that IF he remains the starter going into regular season, he better win some games. None of this "oh 4 games would be enough" for Newton. There is too much talent on this team for anyone not to win games. Even Delhomme could do damage with this talent.

My expectations: at LEAST 7 wins.

actually no, Delhomme won 4 games in 2009 and there was nothing indicating he woudl of won another if he stayed in (that was w/ the team that was arguabley the best in the NFC the year before).

6 games seems like a good start for Cam. 8-8 would be awesome.

#531 rico6

rico6

Shit.

HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:20 PM

The actual factuals?

#532 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

All right, but let the one who has never sinned throw the first

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

when Cam starts, he will convert a third down, reventually.

#533 DRubi15

DRubi15

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:34 PM

I didn't say a "hater like us," I was making fun of the people who seem to think that I hate Cam because I think he has flaws to work on and I think Jimmy has looked a bit better than him. Obviously Rivera isn't actually a hater and I'm not sure why I need to point that out.

As to separating myself from the "2-3 year project bunch," I'll be happy if Cam proves me wrong and makes us competitive this year. I just think that he isn't going to be complete enough this year, and the team has too many holes, for that to be the case.

Holes :

DT depth..starters?
Secondary help
OLine depth
WR #2?

Theres a lot of question marks to overcome....Cam needs to play..make mistakes..learn from them..improve his game etc. and hopefully the team can re take the NFCSouth after another draft w/ 1st AND 2nd round picks..and a couple free agents...