Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Religu-less?

119 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yeah and Dawkins believes aliens may have created the earth. Thats a great one to look up to. Also John Lennox in there last debate destroyed him, Ben Stein made him look foolish so yeah, Id put alot of stock in his charts. Lets just throw out actually history that was recorded and not just bible refernces but all others that mentioned Christs existence. We dont agree with it so we will stretch as fas as we can and grasp to whatever person who we agree with that suits or way of thinking. Dawkins is as looney as any televangelist out there. Ravi Zacharias just had a huge open forum in Atlanta on Is a belief in Jesus like the Easter Bunny and agreed to answer any questions asked. I would take his intelligent way of thought over Dawkins any day of the week. Of course if you look for the debate between John Lennox and Dawkins youll find little atheist excerpts and it looks like he is winning. I dare you to listen to the whole debate, you might not feel as educated as you think you are. But you only have an OPEN mind if you dont believe in anything so Im sure none of you will check it out.

Posted · Report post

haha yea my problem with the catholic church is everything!!! They are just a corporation with religion as its front..They are no better than the televangelist that says hes gonna heal you, all you gotta do is send him some money and he sends you a green napkin... like do people actually believe this crap??

There was a pope in the 17th or 18th century that would give you a get out of hell card if you made a donation to the church...you could also prepay the church for sins you were about to commit..sooo yea they are just money mongers...

Indulgences are what they are called and they still exist in the Catholic Church. Not monetary ones anymore but by doing something, saying a prayer, etc you can be forgiven for a sin that would otherwise lead to time in purgatory.

Posted · Report post

Im curious how the atheists on here believe life came into being? Easy enough question. Lets discuss, and really give me some of those awesome highly educated answers.

Posted · Report post

Im curious how the atheists on here believe life came into being? Easy enough question. Lets discuss, and really give me some of those awesome highly educated answers.

This is what keeps me from being full fledged atheist. I believe if there is a God, he or she resembles Mother Nature and not the man with the white beard.

Posted · Report post

I'm glad people are having a hard time identifying with religion. So did Jesus.

Religion is MAN MADE. Following God/Jesus is NOT.

Big distinction.

I always tell people who say well what about organized religion etc? I say go read the bible and focus on Jesus' life.

All these traditions and political mumbo jumbo is garbage.

One other thing that cracks me. Some will say, "well the reason I don't go to church is because of the hypocrites etc." That is well and good. But what about your job? You still go to work. Ahh. Paycheck. Me understand.

On the flipside, I think many who claim they don't believe, in a reverse or inverted way use that as a crutch as well.

It comes down to YOU. What are YOU doing? It doesn't matter was Pastor A is doing or not. Or deacon so and so or Bishop blah blah blah. Its YOU.

Posted · Report post

^^^^^ Post of the Year.

Posted · Report post

Aren't you actually asking "why" life came into being?

Posted · Report post

^ yeah, that whole LIFE thing really throws a monkey wrench into this argument quite a bit. For me, I think things one such a grand scale functioning so will together really make you wonder who/how it all happened.

Posted · Report post

^ yeah, that whole LIFE thing really throws a monkey wrench into this argument quite a bit. For me, I think things one such a grand scale functioning so will together really make you wonder who/how it all happened.

yea, but things don't really work that well together.... People choke on food because our air hole is in the same place as our food hole. A plumber could tell you that's not the greatest design. Whales got it right. We are really fuging delicate creatures, any imbalance of chemicals in the air, we die. Vacuum? We die. Extreme cold? Heat? We die. Tigers? Dead. etc. etc. etc.

Viruses and things are much better adapted, and they do it so quickly we can watch how they adapt.....sooooooo.

Posted · Report post

ooooooh..... somebody forgot to turn the filter back on.....

Posted · Report post

We are creating it ourselves after only having a glimmer of understanding about how it works for what, 60 years or less?

Millions of years with a planet full of the right organic compounds and something is just as likely to ferment as not.

There's more evidence than ever that life existed on Mars - and some that suggests that it still does. There's telescopes and techniques now that detect Earth type planets in nearby star systems, and with the new telescope that's being launched, expect that number to grow a lot.

Just because you can't figure something out does not mean there is no logical explanation. Your excuse is one step removed from an Amazon rainforest tribesman wondering how sounds come out of a magic box.

Posted · Report post

I'm glad people are having a hard time identifying with religion. So did Jesus.

Religion is MAN MADE. Following God/Jesus is NOT.

Big distinction.

I always tell people who say well what about organized religion etc? I say go read the bible and focus on Jesus' life.

All these traditions and political mumbo jumbo is garbage.

One other thing that cracks me. Some will say, "well the reason I don't go to church is because of the hypocrites etc." That is well and good. But what about your job? You still go to work. Ahh. Paycheck. Me understand.

On the flipside, I think many who claim they don't believe, in a reverse or inverted way use that as a crutch as well.

It comes down to YOU. What are YOU doing? It doesn't matter was Pastor A is doing or not. Or deacon so and so or Bishop blah blah blah. Its YOU.

Here's my one problem with your post....did you meet Jesus yourself?