#61 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,051 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:40 AM

Well, this is a business, not a charity for rich kids. Some parents let their kid run the business down into the ground, simply because.

Exactly. And when that same man tells his franchise Qb not to get tattoos and piercings, you can believe he means business as well.

#62 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:41 AM

Yeah, cause the media spent so much time spinning a heresay story regarding his father being offered money into father demanding money for his son scandal so a arch rival school can be dragged into the fire.

Funny how u went from telling Cam he needs to clean up his reputation, to using Tiger Woods as his bench mark of success..Yes, our media is a powerfully persuasive entity.

Trolling???

#63 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

Well, this is a business, not a charity for rich kids. Some parents let their kid run the business down into the ground, simply because.

Exactly when news broke he fired his son I was shocked, but I knew they had to have done something BIG because Richardson is huge on family and wouldn't make a decision like that lightly. I feel like his kids were doing something wrong and he wanted to prove a point and hopefully get them back on track. Wouldn't be surprised if he brings them back as he gets (even) older.

#64 CarolinaAllDay

CarolinaAllDay

NY Panther's Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:44 AM

I can see both sides of the coin here. Cam should be able to do what he wants, but if he REALLY wants to be the best that ever played the game he should probably take advice from his mentors. Imagine this, in 4-5 years "Cam Newton" now replaces "Peyton Manning" as a household name.

#65 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,051 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

I can see both sides of the coin here. Cam should be able to do what he wants, but if he REALLY wants to be the best that ever played the game he should probably take advice from his mentors. Imagine this, in 4-5 years "Cam Newton" now replaces "Peyton Manning" as a household name.

Seriously you realy think people ever get to do what they want? Sure folks say I can do anything I want and no one can tell me what to do, but that rarely plays out in real life. Most all of us have several masters who influence what we do daily. So yeah Newton can do whatever he wants if he wants to pay the price. But if he wants to be worth millions and be the face of our franchise, there is one only side of the coin.

#66 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,051 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:52 AM

Exactly when news broke he fired his son I was shocked, but I knew they had to have done something BIG because Richardson is huge on family and wouldn't make a decision like that lightly. I feel like his kids were doing something wrong and he wanted to prove a point and hopefully get them back on track. Wouldn't be surprised if he brings them back as he gets (even) older.

Others know better I am sure but I read they were in a power struggle with each other and wouldn't get along so he canned both of them. They are still part of the ownership group just not employees.

#67 The_Cannon

The_Cannon

Tickle Me & Rub My Belly!

• HUDDLER
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:55 AM

Honestly if you look at all the athletes that are getting the BIG TIME endorsements not just Nike and Underarmour, they are all clean cut.
Peyton Manning
Tiger Woods(up until a few years ago)
MJ (has an earring but not visible tattoos)

The only player who has really gotten nonsports related nationwide ad campaigns with tattoos etc is Lebron.

#68 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:56 AM

Kobe was pretty clean cut too, until he HAD to get a tattoo

#69 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,051 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Honestly if you look at all the athletes that are getting the BIG TIME endorsements not just Nike and Underarmour, they are all clean cut.
Peyton Manning
Tiger Woods(up until a few years ago)
MJ (has an earring but not visible tattoos)

The only player who has really gotten nonsports related nationwide ad campaigns with tattoos etc is Lebron.

And after how he handled things in Cleveland he didn't sign any new deals. He is not very popular right now with the mass market outside of basketball.

#70 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:08 AM

LeBron is someone I want Cam to strive to be nothing like.

#71 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

I've always felt that if someone is investing millions and millions of dollars into a single person, they should have the right to tell them how to present themselves. You are representing a billion dollar organization. Hell, a lot of restaurants don't let their servers have facial hair/tattoos/piercings.

That's why I always laugh when I see someone with an ugly neck tattoo or a bright sleeve....they obviously don't care about advancing in life and making money.

Mr.Richardson is fully within his authority and right to ask Cam to keep it clean.

#72 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

Tattoos are fine if you can cover them up in the line of work you choose.

Being the face of a conservative NFL Franchise? Not a good choice.

Working in the corporate world and having sleeves? Fine, because it's covered from 9-5. Neck tattoos? You better be a tattoo artist, musician, or career criminal because you can't be much else.

#73 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:13 AM

LeBron is someone I want Cam to strive to be nothing like.

Yeah I gotta agree with this.

#74 scarface

scarface

• HUDDLER
  • 3,170 posts
  • LocationEastern NC

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

Wuts next no banana hammocks? No crossdressing? -_-

"Oh yeah, and Cameron. No white girls."

The black man's Kryptonite

No the black mans kryptonite is P.A.W.G.

Posted Image

#75 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,483 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

Tattoos are fine if you can cover them up in the line of work you choose.

Being the face of a conservative NFL Franchise? Not a good choice.

Working in the corporate world and having sleeves? Fine, because it's covered from 9-5. Neck tattoos? You better be a tattoo artist, musician, or career criminal because you can't be much else.

Yeah sleeves and what not are easy to cover up, but I still wouldn't recommend having one. I'm not judging anyone with tattoos but I think a majority of them are trashy and unnecessary.

But if you get a neck tattoo you basically are limiting your job to being one of four things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com