Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should the XP Rule Be Changed? (Note: Not Cam Newton Related)

31 posts in this topic

Posted

it should stay the same way where it is. even know it is 85% automatic there are people who miss it even good kickers.

Posted

If you move it back 20 yards people will complain about it being one point instead of 3 since you would be making it pretty much a field goal

Posted

They are fixing something that really doesn't need to be fixed.

Posted

What about making the goalposts narrower. Instead of 18' 6", change it to 17'. that way it would make coaches go for it on 4th down more and force teams to drive deeper down the field before settling for a FG. Also it makes a very accurate kicker even more important.

now that is a good idea.

Posted

Belicheat can eat sh*t and die

How many playoff wins does he have since they caught him cheating?

Posted

Nothing in the NFL is a gimmick. Anything can happen at any point of the game/season. A missed XP can mean a team doesnt make the playoffs/superbowl. Nothing wrong with the current system....Leave it alone.

Posted

No thanks. Keep it the way it is.

Posted

No

Posted

I think you guys are kind of missing the point.

I'm not advocating these changes, I'm saying that drastic changes are becoming inevitable-and how do you feel the best way to go about them would be..

Posted

I think you guys are kind of missing the point.

I'm not advocating these changes, I'm saying that drastic changes are becoming inevitable-and how do you feel the best way to go about them would be..

I understand your point. Im just saying I feel the best way to go about them would be to leave them alone. That surely is one of the options. Leaving things in the current state HAS to be one of the options in any business decision. You look at the pros/cons of every option available. I really hope I dont need to write up a white paper on this...lol

Posted

Kickers? We don't need no stinking kickers!