Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

koolkatluke

Victims Of Miami Booster's Ponzi scheme could sue players who received Benefits.

66 posts in this topic

The problem will NEVER get better unless the NFL gets involved.

This is the truth IMO!!

You could say that about all my posts, IMO.

No I couldn't IMO.

So set the bar at this level.

If this continues, the NFL will become the NBA and no one will care about it.

The problem will NEVER get better unless the NFL gets involved.

Why do you say that? What do improper benefits have to do with the popularity of the NBA? And if the NBA is hurting so bad in terms of popularity, why did this year's Finals get the highest ratings in 11 years?

In short, policing NCAA regulations isn't the NFL's concern nor should it be.

The NBA has an image that doesn't appeal to most people. People watch the playoffs because it's something entertaining, like watching a movie. People don't tune in night in and night out.

The NFL needs people to watch every game, not just the Superbowl.

What would policing the NCAA regulations hurt? If all players know it and break the rules, you don't want them in the NFL anyway because they will probably embarrass the league sooner rather than later.

It won't cost the NFL anything other than a few bad apples which they will more than make up in Goodwill.

I don't see the big deal who doesn't like hookers, booze and free money? My name would probably be on that list if i was tall athletic and played at miami. All i ever did in college was drink, fug and study. Damn i just realized how horrible a role model i would be...ohwell

I think the reason why people don't tune into the NBA night in and night out is similar to why they don't do the sane for MLB. There's so many games that individual regular season games don't mean all that much in the grand scheme of things.

You can believe whatever you want but when the majority of the players look like this...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ_yaiYF7m4bZmloQv0blS3ffI5tgdvqoRJPUrbvPtAoWijDHiz

or

fa533_jr-smith.jpg

kevin_durant_has_a_lot_of_tattoos_under_his_jersey.jpg

monta-ellis-tree-tattoo.jpg?w=320

These come with stigmas and stereotypes often proved true by the NBA players making it less attractive than the game of football which instills discipline, pride, hard work.