92 replies to this topic

#46 Cat'sGrowl

Cat'sGrowl

The Beast Lurks Once More

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:37 AM

Were pretty much running the Eagles system..

#47 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

"D"

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:07 AM

Were pretty much running the Eagles system..

Yep, If I remember correctly they had injuries to LB's last year and really got torched by people. We are exhibiting the same tendencies with Beason being out. Hopefully we will pick it up when he starts playing.

#48 rey2009

rey2009

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:08 AM

GET HIM !! Posted Image

#49 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:22 AM

I get the McDermott connection with Philly, but hopefully our FO won't be homers and have us bring in one of their corners. Neither fit our long-term plans, and I have to think someone equal or better will be released this weekend by other teams. With Captain in the slot, I'd hate to have another 5'9'' corner opposite Gamble. Patience will payoff with waiting until other cuts come through.

#50 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,394 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

I'm banking on the Panthers waiting for them to release them instead of wasting a pick..

#51 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 01:59 PM

I'm banking on the Panthers waiting for them to release them instead of wasting a pick..

agreed, but i wouldn't be upset at losing a 6th or 7th rounder for him.

btw...he wouldn't be lining up opposite gamble. munnerlynn would be doing that and he's done fine with that. hanson would be the slot guy. the dude is really good in that role. his size won't be/hasn't been a factor as most slot receivers are kind of small anyways.

#52 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:45 PM

That sucks the Raiders signed Lito... He was out there for awhile and IMO, if healthy was a much better option than Hanson.

And yes, we run a system much like Philly's, but if it's as good as Jim Johnson's version than we should be able to go to war with Gamble, Munny, and then whatever bums make the roster behind them... But, I have a feeling that McDermott isn't going to get out of CBs what Philly can out of theirs b/c his pressures aren't working and the DT position is horrible.

Hope someone full of potential or really established gets cut Saturday.

#53 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

That sucks the Raiders signed Lito... He was out there for awhile and IMO, if healthy was a much better option than Hanson.

And yes, we run a system much like Philly's, but if it's as good as Jim Johnson's version than we should be able to go to war with Gamble, Munny, and then whatever bums make the roster behind them... But, I have a feeling that McDermott isn't going to get out of CBs what Philly can out of theirs b/c his pressures aren't working and the DT position is horrible.

Hope someone full of potential or really established gets cut Saturday.

agreed that upgrade at DT will make the CBs look better.

still thinking that we would be better off getting someone like hanson. we need someone solid at covering the slot receiver and that is what hanson does well.

#54 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 14,977 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:24 PM

agreed that upgrade at DT will make the CBs look better.

still thinking that we would be better off getting someone like hanson. we need someone solid at covering the slot receiver and that is what hanson does well.

LOL agreed, but when I think of it in a simplistic way, then CB sounds like a bigger need than DT because when you put it that way, we have someone that can lock down the slot in Munny... But we would need someone to play the #2 WR to move him there. But if we bring in another guy just to play the slot, we have to trust that Munny can hold down the #2 spot (which I think he can).

It's clear both positions need to be addressed BIG time... From what the guys were saying on the TV broadcast last night, and from what Hurney said as well, we are definitely going to be doing some prospecting on that waiver wire... No doubt.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,635 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:58 PM

panthers need to pounce soon...

caplannfl I'm told the Eagles have released CB Joselio Hanson.

caplannfl Clearly the best nickel CB out there now. Hanson is outstanding in the slot. That's the role that he'll find with another team.

caplannfl Teams that make sense for Hanson based on need: Panthers, Lions, Browns, Rams for starters.

caplannfl Yes, Brandon McDonald has really improved, but Hanson is one of the better slot CBs. Just has a knack for playing inside.

#56 Borat

Borat

Very Nice, I Like!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

Ya'll really need to pick up Brandon Meriweather. Your safties are garbage. b

#57 Rags

Rags

help

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationButtsville, NC

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

Our safties are fine.

I agree we should get him though, move Martin to CB.

#58 TheOracle

TheOracle

Know-It-All

• HUDDLER
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

Our safties are fine.

I agree we should get him though, move Martin to CB.

I like creativity.

#59 Cam Newtons teeth

Cam Newtons teeth

NFL Guru

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

I have source, that has a source and my sources source, source said that his source told him the following.

Captain Munnerlyn has a "slim lead" over R.J. Stanford, C.J. Wilson and Robert McClain for the starting corner job opposite Chris Gamble.
Richard Marshall left a decent-sized gap in Carolina when he bolted for the Cardinals. Munnerlyn has nine career starts, but reports this offseason indicated the Panthers would prefer him as a nickel back. There are rumors that Eagles CB Joselio Hanson could end up reuniting with Sean McDermott in Charlotte

Per rotoworld

Sounds like good news for you guys. I think your DC is the best move the Panthers have made in the past couple of years.

#60 Cam Newtons teeth

Cam Newtons teeth

NFL Guru

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

I don't see Meriweather going from a team like the Patriots to the Panthers. That's like living in Atlanta, then moving the rural Alabama.

He would be a good pick up for the Panthers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com