Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentwan Balmer claimed off waivers

180 posts in this topic

Posted

He was highly rated coming out of the draft. If we can pick him up on waivers for the minimum he would definitely be worth bringing in. The knock on him was that at 300 lbs coming out of college he was a little light for a 4-3 nose tackle. If he is 315 and much of that is muscle, he might be a great pickup especially at the 3 technique. He was noted to have good speed and gap penetration ability coming out of college. Brayton was an Oakland bust who was a former first rounder who turned out pretty well. The same with Damione Lewis. Unless we don't have the spot to see how he develops, it seems we could give it a shot.

1 person likes this

Posted

Try him out.

Anybody else has some fat family members that could try out?

Posted

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfdcuj-DhYBudw6P0mdsU3xxeEwOG_MAt_a7vWoFT_HI2Dtv85WA

Posted

Last time we had a carolina d-lineman he turned out pretty good... as far as Balmer goes he's worth a rotation player... we still need a space eater though.

taylor?

Posted

I'll take a pass. Hopefully something better will shake out after cuts.

Posted

we already know he's not a super star or anything close to it. what rivera has said on a regular basis is that he is looking to rotate guys after 4 to 5 plays to keep them fresh & we need help at tackle behind fua,mcclain & irvin

Posted

Former first rounder d-linemen who were busts elsewhere have been nice yields for us (see: Brayton, Tyler and Lewis, Damione). It's worth a look.

EDIT: P55 beat to me to it

Posted

I'd rather wait til after the cuts. If nothing else surfaces then sure why not. Former first round pick maybe he still has some potential.

Posted

bleh

Posted

Worth a shot, if we go into the season with what we have it won't be pretty.

a first rounder who was cut two years into his rookie contract? f*ck that!

oh he went to UNC?!?

SIGN ME UP!!

1 person likes this

Posted

He was highly rated coming out of the draft. If we can pick him up on waivers for the minimum he would definitely be worth bringing in. The knock on him was that at 300 lbs coming out of college he was a little light for a 4-3 nose tackle. If he is 315 and much of that is muscle, he might be a great pickup especially at the 3 technique. He was noted to have good speed and gap penetration ability coming out of college. Brayton was an Oakland bust who was a former first rounder who turned out pretty well. The same with Damione Lewis. Unless we don't have the spot to see how he develops, it seems we could give it a shot.

the other knock on him was he was lazy as f*ck.

Posted

taylor?

Yeah yeah yeah I missed quoted... Hilee was way undersized.. i was referring to pep... my mistake...