• Please log in to reply
210 replies to this topic

#31 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:40 AM

Cam needs to develop on the bench. Both of his problems (accuracy and footwork) are things that first need to be worked on in practice. If we keep throwing him out there, all of his bad habits will become permanent.

Brett Favre says hi.

#32 PackPanther

PackPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

http://nbcsports.msn.../ns/sports-nfl/

Start Culpepper! Stafford looked abysmal in his 2nd preseason start. 5-13 34 yards, and an INT on the FIRST PLAY of the game. But hey, lets hold this years #1 draft pick to a higher standard. Guarantee if Luck was here, the response would be so different.

If Luck was here we wouldnt have these problems. Say what you want but Luck is a lot more accurate and he has better footwork. He may have stats that were more similar to Clausens but in the immortal words of John Fox, "It is what it is."

#33 rickyisclutch

rickyisclutch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Peyton Manning threw 26 td's his rookie year. I will give the guy the requisite year before I completely judge. BUT this guy is REALLY unpolished. I expect a little more if a first overall pick is legitimate.

#34 Miaoww

Miaoww

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,730 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

7 of his incomplete passes went to Steve Smith and it looked like he was being told to not look to his Tight End safety blankets early in the game. I think the plan was to look to get more of the other WRs involved and try to get Steve Smith to remain happy. During the regular season you will not see him ignore open Greg Olsen and Shockey.

Oh fug off. Why is this kid untouchable in the eyes of certain posters?

He locked on to Smith. Just like rookie QBs tend to do. He then threw inaccurate passes to Smith (amongst others).

Why when Clausen does this is it his fault, but when Newton does this it's the game plan, or the O-line not giving him enough time, or the WRs being crap?

fuging ridiculous.

#35 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Cam needs to develop on the bench. Both of his problems (accuracy and footwork) are things that first need to be worked on in practice. If we keep throwing him out there, all of his bad habits will become permanent.

That worked out fine when you have Brett Favre as your starter. But when you have Jimmy"David Carr Junior" Clausen and Derek"career back up" Anderson as your other choices you don't have 3 years to develop him like Green Bay did.

#36 kungfoodude

kungfoodude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

That's the thing, we took one of the QB's that was developmentally the most behind(although clearly the most physically gifted). All of Cam's issues would probably much gone or reduced if we had a full offseason. I am not a Cam fan now, nor was I when he was in college but I also don't want to see him thrown out there to learn on the field when he really isn't prepared to do that.

#37 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

Brett Favre says hi.

Favre sat his rookie year.

#38 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:44 AM

Brett Favre says hi.

Aaron Rodgers says look at my ring.

#39 PackPanther

PackPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

Brett Favre says hi.

Lets be honest, Favre's footwork was never as bad as Newton's. I wish Newton the best because I am a panther fan. But I think if he starts we have to focus on turning this offense into the old Titans offense and not the Chargers offense. Focus on running the ball with a lot of bootlegs that allow Cam to run. Chuck the ball downfield enough to keep the defense honest/keep SS from killing someone and see if we can create a VY style rookie season for Cam.

#40 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

Peyton Manning threw 26 td's his rookie year. I will give the guy the requisite year before I completely judge. BUT this guy is REALLY unpolished. I expect a little more if a first overall pick is legitimate.

Good perspective, but a lot of people look really unpolished when they have 3 guys closing in on them from every direction within 2 seconds of snapping the ball.

I'm also wondering what's going on with Kalil and the Gs... The middle was getting pushed back quicker than guys were running past Gross most of the game last night.

#41 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

If Luck was here we wouldnt have these problems. Say what you want but Luck is a lot more accurate and he has better footwork. He may have stats that were more similar to Clausens but in the immortal words of John Fox, "It is what it is."

Stafford > Luck

Luck will still be a rookie and struggle like every other QB to come in this league. You guys are gonna ruin Luck putting this kind of pressure on him to live up to fantasy and make believe. He's not built like you guys are portraying him.

#42 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

• Moderators
  • 15,947 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:47 AM

Favre sat his rookie year.

That's my point. He didn't refine anything :lol:.

#43 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,966 posts

Rivers and Rodgers are two great examples of QB's who sat a couple of years and had time to adjust to the speed of the NFL and the work that it took to be a top notch QB. Not to mention those guys were MUCH better prepared for an NFL offense than Cam Newton already. I am, and have always been, of the opinion that the majority of rookie QB's need some bench time before they get thrown in there. ESPECIALLY on bad teams, which we are. I just don't see that payoff of "letting him learn" out there while playing with no receivers, no blocking and no running game.

they sat b/c there were better options than playing them as rookies.....signifantly better options. That's what it always comes down to. Matt Ryan would have sat if he was in there spots as well.

#44 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

http://nbcsports.msn.../ns/sports-nfl/

Start Culpepper! Stafford looked abysmal in his 2nd preseason start. 5-13 34 yards, and an INT on the FIRST PLAY of the game. But hey, lets hold this years #1 draft pick to a higher standard. Guarantee if Luck was here, the response would be so different.

Yeah, he looks terrible too. And even he completely more than 30% of his passes. Cam was lucky one of his ducks last night were not picked off, they came close.

I feel Cam has it in him to be a future pro bowler, but its just too much too soon for him right now.

#45 ncbobcat

ncbobcat

Beer Enthusiast

• HUDDLER
  • 2,676 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:49 AM

Good perspective, but a lot of people look really unpolished when they have 3 guys closing in on them from every direction within 2 seconds of snapping the ball.

I'm also wondering what's going on with Kalil and the Gs... The middle was getting pushed back quicker than guys were running past Gross most of the game last night.

Manning could also move the chains and throw TDs. I'll take picks as long as offense can move the ball and put points on the board--TDs, not FGs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com