Photo
- - - - -

What do you think our chances are against Arizona??

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

I bet we have problems traveling.

#47 Carolina Fan

Carolina Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:13 AM

there are 3 scenarios that i think(hope) will happen every game this year.

Double trouble rushes for over 150 yards

Steve smith Catches 100+ yards with 2 touch downs

Or TD and BEASTson just merk everyone that comes close to the marker

as long as that happens ill be pretty entertained for this year atleast, however in 3 years or so if we are not a playoff team ill be sad!

#48 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:56 AM

Better QB? ARZ
Better coaching Staff? ARZ
Better OL? Bout even right now but Carolina's should on paper be much better.
Better playmakers?......... Fitz vs Smith, Olsen and Williams...
Better D? Both suck.

ARZ should win but thats why you play the game.

ARZ wins

#49 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

I feel like we will be able to score, I'm just really not sure we are going to be able to stop them. After watching Green embarrass Gamble only God knows what Fitzgerald will do to him. Luckily, they are still shaky at #2 WR just like us, so perhaps our CB problem won't be highlighted. Teams have a lot of similarities now that I think about it. No #2 WR. New QB. Shaky D(although I think their problems are more in the back seven whereas ours are front 4, generally speaking.)

Cam needs not get crazy, but the man needs to run when he gets the opportunity.

I do think Kolb is good for a pick or two, but we have to get in his face and that is a huge question mark at this point in time.

#50 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

Panthers pass rush will win/lose this game IMO.

#51 Achilles

Achilles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 429 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:07 AM

Who's their running back? Doesn't matter. Whoever it is will do just enough to soften up our D, then Fitz will go to work.

Maybe their D isn't that good and people don't expect AZ to win the division, but they are better than us and it will probably be glaring in week 1.

I think the offense will be good for 10-13 points, so unless the defense gets a lot of turnovers, I don't see us matching their total yardage.

We could have one or two players have a decent game, Olsen will probably have 6-8 receptions. If we get D-Will and J-Stew the ball a combined 30 times, then we would have a chance, but if the run game sputters (which seems inevitable at this point) I expect we will lose this road game.

Score? 21-13 Cards. Just being realistic based on what I've seen in camp and pre-season.

#52 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:38 AM

Arizona is not very good. They play in a weak division and this is the only reason why they are ever talked about. Fitz is going to get his against any team. I am not worried about him. However, I am worried about our ability to stop the run.

We should win this game, especially at home.

#53 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:42 AM

Last night felt like when i found out my gf in hs was blowing the kicker from my rival school. The only thing that I could do to make myself feel better was to get some new strange.

We will brush this off, and we will play good football. God I want to see the Steeler homers feel the way i felt last night

LOOOOOL! WTH is goin on with this?!!!!

#54 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,608 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:44 AM

Arizona is not very good. They play in a weak division and this is the only reason why they are ever talked about. Fitz is going to get his against any team. I am not worried about him. However, I am worried about our ability to stop the run.

We are not at home, but i agree with everything else.

#55 Firefox

Firefox

This Board Rocks

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:52 AM

Gotta love our fans :thumbsup:

#56 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

We're gunna lose, pretty badly too. Wouldn't be surprised to start 1-5 again. We aren't any better than last year. Another rookie QB with the same players around him on offense and the defense seems to have regressed. Unless Cam makes some big strides in the passing game or his running capabilities rival Mike Vick, it's gunna be a long season.

What's even worse...most players were familiar with the scheme last year, and this year it's all brand new so everyones playing catchup. A new coaching staff helps and hurts, so we'll see.

#57 jtm

jtm

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

We are not at home, but i agree with everything else.

Oops, forgot about that. Going west isn't nearly as tough as going east with the time zone change.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.