Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthro

Cam is ready

133 posts in this topic

I will be happy if in 2011, we accomplish what Tampa Bay did in 2009 with Josh Freeman, go 5-11 and give Cam great experience. If the following year we go 10-6 like Tampa did in 2010 did we will have rebuilt the team into a contender. We will need the defense to step up and the offensive line to gel and play well. That will improve the running game and give Newton the time to pass the ball. Sure you would like Cam to be better than he is, but if the team plays together it is reasonble to expect to win 5 or 6 games this year. He works hard and give it his all, which is just what Freeman is known for as well. I f we can replicate their success this whole newton debate will quickly dissipate.

Agreed.

There is a lot of lol in this thread.

Cam can make the throws, and the runs.

2 people like this

That's one great NFL clip you showed there, Kevin Greene...

I will be happy if in 2011, we accomplish what Tampa Bay did in 2009 with Josh Freeman, go 5-11 and give Cam great experience. If the following year we go 10-6 like Tampa did in 2010 did we will have rebuilt the team into a contender. We will need the defense to step up and the offensive line to gel and play well. That will improve the running game and give Newton the time to pass the ball. Sure you would like Cam to be better than he is, but if the team plays together it is reasonble to expect to win 5 or 6 games this year. He works hard and give it his all, which is just what Freeman is known for as well. I f we can replicate their success this whole newton debate will quickly dissipate.
agreed. chalk this up as a learning year and keep the expectations low as far as wins are concerned. the main goal is for this team to gel and grow together, the QB and rest of the team getting used to each other. offense and defense getting used to the playbook and it evolving with them as they grow.

nobody ever said Jimmy didnt improve from last year, but right now he is really not that much better. plus Cam can extend the play, so he starts.

It's okay for Cam to have the same problems as Jimmy and not get poo on because criticizing Cam makes you a racist/hater/some other insult to attack your character as opposed to actually addressing the valid concerns presented.

How many TDs has Cam thrown so far this preseason?

Oh wait, he hasn't.

But its cool, growing pains. Not like the team went through that last season, or that the oline is in no way responsible for Cam completely missing receivers.

I wasn't aware that it was perfectly okay to more or less forfeit the season after being the worst team in the league. Get the fug out of here with that. Why is it okay to lose this season? We already dealt with that ignorant garbage last season when people were betting their kids' college savings on Luck.

Cam is a Panther and I am going to cheer for him as loud as I can, but to sit here and pretend that he has performed well or at the very least satisfactorily is about as stupid as any post made by KT.

Icege is butthurt. He's upset Jimmy isnt our starter, even after we gave him 10 starts last season and he performed poorly. Icege thinks its fair to judge Cameron after 3 preseason games, but doesnt think its fair to judge Jimmy after a season of bad QB play and a so so training camp. Icege isnt patient enough to give Cam Newton 10 regular season starts like he gave Jimmy last year. Icege believes in Jimmy's entitlement, despite his poor play. Icege is one of the many idiot fans we have in our fanbase. Another Cam Hater forced to root for him. Its tragic. LOL.

The general consensus here is that Cam has some work to do. I haven't seen one poster claim the opposite.

It's okay for Cam to have the same problems as Jimmy and not get poo on because criticizing Cam makes you a racist/hater/some other insult to attack your character as opposed to actually addressing the valid concerns presented.

How many TDs has Cam thrown so far this preseason?

Oh wait, he hasn't.

But its cool, growing pains. Not like the team went through that last season, or that the oline is in no way responsible for Cam completely missing receivers.

I wasn't aware that it was perfectly okay to more or less forfeit the season after being the worst team in the league. Get the fug out of here with that. Why is it okay to lose this season? We already dealt with that ignorant garbage last season when people were betting their kids' college savings on Luck.

Cam is a Panther and I am going to cheer for him as loud as I can, but to sit here and pretend that he has performed well or at the very least satisfactorily is about as stupid as any post made by KT.

The offensive line can definitely make him miss open receivers without him getting his feet set, or rushed will make QB's make erratic throws, and especially him being a ROOKIE. The offense isn't built around Clausen it's built around Cam.

1 person likes this

I just dont understand how a QB that has played big time college and pro football can still have terrible footwork.

That is something EASILY learned and practiced.

I just dont understand how a QB that has played big time college and pro football can still have terrible footwork.

That is something EASILY learned and practiced.

learn2football.

Icege is butthurt. He's upset Jimmy isnt our starter, even after we gave him 10 starts last season and he performed poorly. Icege thinks its fair to judge Cameron after 3 preseason games, but doesnt think its fair to judge Jimmy after a season of bad QB play and a so so training camp. Icege isnt patient enough to give Cam Newton 10 regular season starts like he gave Jimmy last year. Icege believes in Jimmy's entitlement, despite his poor play. Icege is one of the many idiot fans we have in our fanbase. Another Cam Hater forced to root for him. Its tragic. LOL.

Don't speak ever again. You're making yourself look like an idiot.