Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Impression of Coaching Staff

47 posts in this topic

Posted

The coaching staff is a rookie staff. Some of them may have worked together, but as a whole, they have never worked together. And Rivera is a rookie head coach. He has to learn his job just as Cam Newton does. He gets the same amount of slack as a rookie qb does. I expected us to struggle this year, and I still expect it. Just want to see some improvement, especially in the last 8 games or so.

Posted

Right now, and keep in mind it's only the preseason and I hope I'm wrong, I've been overall a bit disappointed.

It's not just the fact our defense looks awful, or our offense looks inept.

It's also the lack of discipline...

but I'm going to give this coaching staff a bit more time before I say anything more really. I'm hoping for the best, anyhow.

Posted

I wasn't talking about their long term effectiveness. I said "first impression"

I was commenting more on the long discussions of things that people are concerned about. You can't get concerned about execution when they haven't had much time to work on it, yet. I don't like our pooty execution either, but I'm not going to get concerned about it just yet.

Posted

i cant fault em, they had like 2 weeks to prepare?

Posted

I was commenting more on the long discussions of things that people are concerned about. You can't get concerned about execution when they haven't had much time to work on it, yet. I don't like our pooty execution either, but I'm not going to get concerned about it just yet.

True.

Posted

I think these coaches are experimenting alot. Rookies in the starting line-up, lots of vets out. Play calling that seems to be directed at one aspect of thier game. Like going deep or to certain players when others are open. Revera seems intent on giving everyone an honest look rather than trying to win the game. Also he seems to be working on weaknesses by exposing them to adversity. I have a suspicion the Panthers will look far different from what we see in pre season.

Posted

This coaching staff is light years ahead of our last years staff.

With only 2 weeks of training camp and a whole new dynamic of playing the game, i would say we are doing very well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bottom line is that we have to be patient. Everyone knows that it takes a staff several years before they can work a team into their own sceme. I have no doubt that they are motivated to have a winning team but we have to let them shape it. Plus it's not their fault that inherited a team that has Gamble on it.

Posted

To be honest, slightly worried after Rivera claimed that we were going to game plan the beagles as if it were a regular season game.....then again when someone can run it down your throat with no problem, who needs to gameplan

Posted

Somebody needs to get Rivera some BubbleYum

Posted

It's only preseason, but right now Fox has his team better prepared than Rivera does.

Posted

It's only preseason, but right now Fox has his team better prepared than Rivera does.

I think have a starting QB thats been in the league for 6 years helps out as well.