• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:44 AM

Starters typically play a series or two. Would you play Cam longer? Maybe help him gain confidence against the Pittsburgh second and third teams?

#2 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:52 AM

I would pull him after a series or 2 without hesitation. Now if we had a good o-line that could protect Cam, then I'd consider leaving him out there more than the normal amount of plays.

#3 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:59 AM

Is he the starter??

After last week he needs a ton of work so play him at least a half.

#4 DawgzLife

DawgzLife

Charter Fan '93

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

At least the first half, but...I would establish the run game before having him try to make the majority of his throws. Give him some swing passes & screen early, then run, then let him work on his decision-making & accuracy. 1 or 2 series means he has to work on his accuracy more during the season. I think he needs more time & timing with his WRs.

#5 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:02 AM

At least a half. If he's in fact deemed the starter, he needs all the reps he can get.

#6 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

I think he needs to play 3 quarters again. BUT, as someone stated, that is a very risky decision considering what we have as a backup O-Line. If I had to guess I'd say he plays a quarter.

#7 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:06 AM

I really don't think Pitt will play many of there starters so Cam should get out of this one alive if some of you guys are that worried..

#8 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:11 AM

I really don't think Pitt will play many of there starters so Cam should get out of this one alive if some of you guys are that worried..

Its not really that I'm worried about their defense in general, backups that is. Its just I honestly have very little faith in our backup O-Line that I don't want some freak accident occurring and him getting blindsided.

But, it is football. He has to play to learn. We need him better and we need him better fast. More reps=more success faster.

#9 pantherj

pantherj

• HUDDLER
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:20 AM

Consider the risk versus the reward in this situation. Cam starts the entire first half, and best case scenario, he plays well and get's a little tad more experience than if he had been pulled. Worse case scenario, Cam suffers a season end injury in a meaningless game.

#10 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,679 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

I really think throwing a TD will do wonders for building confidence in his passing.

#11 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:26 AM

I really think throwing a TD will do wonders for building confidence in his passing.

Agreed. It's gonna become a mind thing for him if it doesn't happen soon. I mean he basically had one to Smitty last week, timing was just a little off but still a great ball.

But just seeing a pass caught in the endzone is going to be big for him. On a related note, I think the two big runs last game are going to give him confidence that he can still do that on this level. Granted, lets not get crazy with it though.

#12 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

I agree first half but all the starters should play it. They need the all need the reps with the new system.

#13 dpanther69

dpanther69

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

I concor a least a half with the starters.

#14 DC Amp

DC Amp

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,392 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

If Cam's going to be the starter, play him at least three quarters. The more experience the better.

#15 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,544 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:35 AM

First half.

If you are worried about injury, don't let Bernadeau play. He is gonna get one of our QB's killed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com