207 replies to this topic

#136 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

5 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Surprise move: Rams release LB Diggs, 2 others
The Rams have released LB Na’il Diggs, who started 12 games last season. Also cut were undrafted rookies S John Dempsey and DE Kenneth Charles. DT Jermelle Cudjo (back) will likely be placed on IR, according to coach Steve Spagnuolo. Rams RapidReports

#137 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,001 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:05 PM

Too bad for Diggs, but he's obviously in the twilight of his career.

#138 PackPanther

PackPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:11 PM

Yeah Diggs is screwed. He cant really start anymore. Unless he is a primary backup which doesnt require him to do anything else he is done because he doesnt play special teams

#139 countryboi

countryboi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,415 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC born and raised

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

5 minutes ago - by Ron Clements - Surprise move: Rams release LB Diggs, 2 others
The Rams have released LB Na’il Diggs, who started 12 games last season. Also cut were undrafted rookies S John Dempsey and DE Kenneth Charles. DT Jermelle Cudjo (back) will likely be placed on IR, according to coach Steve Spagnuolo. Rams RapidReports

I watched a preseason rams game a few weeks ago and na'il diggs was starting...i remember saying diggs is still in the NFL? the NFL is a cruel mistress

#140 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

Dude has done ABSOLUTELY nothing in the NFL, he may be able to upgrade the waterboy position but that's it.

Right? Panther fans see players who had potential before they entered the league as far better players than they are. Typically these players haven't done anything in the league, but some how, these fans are convinced they'll change their ways.

"Lets pick up Gholston and Maybin who got cut by the Bills! They were both 1st round picks so they must be good! They have so much ability! We can use them right!!!"

#141 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,482 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

If they signed either of those bums I would be pissed

#142 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 19,465 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

I think (DE) Vernon Gholston, (C/G) Andre Gurode, (CB) Nate Jones, (CB) Kevin Dockery, (OL) Oneil Cousins, and (DT) Jovan Haye would all be good assets at this point.

They are better than a lot of what we have right now on the roster.

Vernon Gholston is a complete bust. Would not want him anywhere near our roster.

#143 Matthias

Matthias

• HUDDLER
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

David Carr was a first overall pick that we picked up in free agency. How did that work out for us?

#144 Galvatron

Galvatron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:22 PM

David Carr was a first overall pick that we picked up in free agency. How did that work out for us?

I see what you did there, but that's apples and oranges. This is a different coaching staff than who picked him up; plus Carr's working out pretty well as a backup on teh Giants. Sometimes all it takes is just the right fit in the right situation.

#145 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,357 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:33 PM

Right? Panther fans see players who had potential before they entered the league as far better players than they are. Typically these players haven't done anything in the league, but some how, these fans are convinced they'll change their ways.

"Lets pick up Gholston and Maybin who got cut by the Bills! They were both 1st round picks so they must be good! They have so much ability! We can use them right!!!"

Explain to me where it would actually hurt the team by taking a flyer on Gholston... If you can correctly articulate a sentence that demonstrates how signing Vernon Gholston to a depleted defensive line would actually hurt then we will actually have a conversation on our hands.

Until then, get back to the books... noob.

#146 Vampire the buffet slayer

Vampire the buffet slayer

Fat Alice's Dietitian

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,321 posts
  • Locationunder an aluminum hat

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:35 PM

I see what you did there, but that's apples and oranges. This is a different coaching staff than who picked him up; plus Carr's working out pretty well as a backup on teh Giants. Sometimes all it takes is just the right fit in the right situation.

He holds that clipboard with passion. I wonder if he does a front flip over the bench when he picks it up?

#147 ShutDwn

ShutDwn

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 04:59 PM

Explain to me where it would actually hurt the team by taking a flyer on Gholston... If you can correctly articulate a sentence that demonstrates how signing Vernon Gholston to a depleted defensive line would actually hurt then we will actually have a conversation on our hands.

He got cut more times than he sacked the quarterback in three seasons.

#148 Dpantherman

Dpantherman

certified pee-on

• HUDDLER
  • 26,475 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:10 PM

Vernon Gholston did poo with REX RYAN. One of the best (if not the best) defensive mind in the NFL right now. Then he went to Rod Marinelli and Lovie Smith. Two more really good defensive coaches.

What the hell would we bring him here? None of those 3 guys could get anything out of him, why waste our time? Gholston is done.

#149 NorthTryon

NorthTryon

Pay The Man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:11 PM

Gholston had a clause built in with the Jets, all he needed to get was one sack and it would have got him a $9 million dollar bonus. :lol:

#150 Galvatron

Galvatron

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:41 PM

He holds that clipboard with passion. I wonder if he does a front flip over the bench when he picks it up?

Not against us, but he held it especially well against CHI.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com