Photo
- - - - -

Other Teams Cuts

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#196 mick eye

mick eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:28 PM

I know it's been mentioned but i put my vote in for Jovan Haye. He got pushed out by young talent but i read one article that he had put on some weight and was not cut for lack of production. I say Jovan and Balmer could be our starters with McClain and Fua rotating in and gaining experience slower.

#197 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
Banned

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

Seahawks have released DT Jay Alford. Drafted by the Giants when they had a great line. Played DT DE and can longsnap.

#198 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:49 PM

That really surprises me. I thought he was pretty high on their depth chart. I wish we had a guy like him in place of Brown.

I dont know what is left in the tank but he only had 2 sacks last year down from past years.....I dont know if an injury was in play or not.If that plays into getting him that about what we have with brown.

#199 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

I doubt Alex Brown would replace Hardy, they're still looking towards the future and he'd just be a stop gap. Hardy has all the tools and has shown flashes, doubt more time on the bench will help him develop.

#200 Sam Mills Fan

Sam Mills Fan

The Truth Sometimes Hurts

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:39 PM

But Hardy is a guy that was a 6th round rookie last year that only saw limited playing time and hasn't played a down of preseason under a new defensive scheme and I'm not even sure he's practiced yet. He's shown flashes, but this is no "Cam Newton must him play him immediately" situation. I think Greg Hardy is an optimal rotational guy *as long as* Alex Brown is as solid as I remember him being. If not, Hardy it is.

#201 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:56 PM

Hardy's draft position was a mistake, IMO. He was rumored to have an attitude problem and was uncoachable. Had he come out a year earlier I believe he was one of the top ranked DE's.

However, Brown looks to be very solid but I don't want to see up and comers lose reps to short term vets in what's looking like a relatively non competitve season. I'd just assume see the young guys get as many reps as possible.

While he's certainly the exception, just remember than James Harrison went undrafted altogether.

#202 section543

section543

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

I just hope we are hovering over any Steeler or Packer cuts. They seem to know how to draft and acquire talent.

#203 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

I just hope we are hovering over any Steeler or Packer cuts. They seem to know how to draft and acquire talent.

Packer WRs- absolutely.

Steeler offensive players?? Not so much.

As for defense- unless their players are cut because they are playing in the wrong scheme and we think they translate better to a 4-3, we wouldn't exactly want their defensive players since, they play a 3-4 not a 4-3 and many positions don't translate that well.

#204 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:02 PM

BTW, looks like the Falcons have signed Kelvin Hayden: http://profootballta...-kelvin-hayden/

#205 KDawg004

KDawg004

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

BTW, looks like the Falcons have signed Kelvin Hayden: http://profootballta...-kelvin-hayden/

Still do not understand why we didn't pull the trigger.

#206 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:17 PM

Still do not understand why we didn't pull the trigger.

Read in one of the comments to the article that he was wanting $5+ per year. For that price, I can understand why we did not make a move for him.

He is nowhere near worth that price.

Interested in seeing the terms of the deal.

#207 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

The Falcons may cut a decent cb after signing Hayden

#208 jarhead

jarhead

HUDDLER

Posted 01 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

I would imagine Alex Brown would start over Greg Hardy if he were signed. Hell, it might let us release Everette Brown rather than just bury him.

I think they would use him more for run defense and turn Hardy loose on passing downs