Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentwan Balmer

121 posts in this topic

Posted

Derek Landri seemed better than what we have now, but they let him go. He wasn't great, but was serviceable.

Posted

You forgot we signed a 6-5 315 pound Defensive Tackle?

Man oh man.

Posted

Multiple Pro Bowls.

Posted

i live in the state of washington...hawks fans all over here. i asked many of them about him, and they said hes a solid player. right now, ill take a solid player.

Posted

His size isn't his issue. If you search the 49er and Seahawk forums you'll find that his biggest knock is Drive, Desire, Toughness. He is known to just give up, but also take into account not only was he in the wrong scheme, he also played DE and not his natural position, so that probably affected his motivation. He is also known to be full of talent. So, we need motivation for him and some solid coaching, he could be a decent pick up, he has the size and strength to take up blockers.

Posted

As long as he can hold the tackles, and keep them from Beason, I'll be perfectly fine with Balmer this year.

Posted

What excites me about the guy is that he was a former first round talent. Just misused by idiot teams. If Rivera wanted him, he must know something. He's also 300+ pounds, we need that. I still say we need to give Stroud or pat williams a call.

Posted

Well maybe since he's from NC he will be motivated. Honestly, as has already been said, it can't be worse than what we've got. Look at it this way, we got a first round talent(he was a beast at UNC) on the cheap at the age of 24. Considering our current situation on the D-Line, complaining would be idiocy.

Posted

Maybe getting cut will be the wake-up call Kentwan needs to light a fire under him?

Posted

he won't do anything just like our other dt's, he shouldn't even be on an nfl roster. luckily the panthers 2011 defensive line might be the worst in nfl history

Posted

I'm hopeful for what he can do here as he has worlds of talent... I've stated this several times over since we picked him up.

I just hope this isn't another Devin Thomas situation, lol.

Posted

I wish we could have held onto our DL coach from the last couple years, Brian Baker. Nevertheless, here's to hoping Kentwan can turn into a D. Lewis and acquiring a vet run stuffer.