Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kentwan Balmer

121 posts in this topic

Posted

could end up being a steal, or could end up being a bust. Can't help but to have some type of hype for getting a former first rounder for nothing. The kid looks like he doesn't offer hardly any pass rushing ability, even in college he never had a lot of sacks so I guess he is just a NT?

Posted

could end up being a steal, or could end up being a bust. Can't help but to have some type of hype for getting a former first rounder for nothing. The kid looks like he doesn't offer hardly any pass rushing ability, even in college he never had a lot of sacks so I guess he is just a NT?

I'm only really concerned about him getting penetration.. ew

Posted

why are negative things about a college career i.e. "not many sacks" relevant and positive things are not or "well that was college"?

He got upfield and collapsed the pocket. he also was always getting his hands up. he's quite athletic and a sure tackler. KB can hold his own in the middle. Or at least he could in college

Posted

I'm only really concerned about him getting penetration.. ew

That's what she said!

Sorry....couldn't resist

Posted

why are negative things about a college career i.e. "not many sacks" relevant and positive things are not or "well that was college"?

He got upfield and collapsed the pocket. he also was always getting his hands up. he's quite athletic and a sure tackler. KB can hold his own in the middle. Or at least he could in college

On a serious note, I agree. One thing I am comfortable that he'll be able to do is hold his own at the point of attack. You want see huge gashes coming from his gap responsibility. He won't light the world on fire with sack numbers but he'll help the lb's sleep better at night....Reed thinks he's a lock for the 53 take it fwiw.

Posted

jsut watched a clip of KB on the local news here in greensboro NC.

You can tell he was not too happy about his career so far. He mentioned been around the block, political game, and down and out. It seems his confidence is off a bit but it also seems that he knows he has to prove himself to truly overcome whatever he feels are his misfortunes thus far. C'mon KB!

it was on wxii channel 12 if anyone wants to look for it. not on the site yet when i looked

Posted

I hope Kentwan pans out for us. Because without DT help, the Panthers Kantwen.

see what I did there?

Posted

Posted

I don't expect anything at all. If he makes an impact at all and plays decent - good it's an improvement and I'll be happy about it. Now about that corner situation..........

Posted

he won't do anything just like our other dt's, he shouldn't even be on an nfl roster. luckily the panthers 2011 defensive line might be the worst in nfl history

Doom and and Gloom man......Doom and Gloom.:rolleyes:

Posted

TBH I really doubt he pans out but Im hope cause we dont really have anything else... Our depth is poo on this team.

Posted

This is most likely on the board somewhere but i did not see a new thread with it.

"Things happen. You know Michael Jordan got cut one time before. Cris Carter played five years before he made his first Pro Bowl, Michael Strahan six years. It's all on how you take the punches.

"There was a commercial two or three years ago with Dwyane Wade. If you fall down seven, stand up eight. That's the mentality I've been taking since I left San Francisco."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/30/2564042/balmer-hopes-to-do-more-than-fill.html#ixzz1WVzVr1jd

"As we looked at him, and talking with (general manager) Marty (Hurney), we thought this was a young man that might be being played out of position," head coach Ron Rivera said.

"We think he might be more of a three-technique tilt nose for us. A guy that's a gap control player. With his size and athleticism, we're hoping that translates to fit into what we want to do."

Balmer is encouraged.

"This may be the fitting piece," he said. "I'm excited about making this work.

"It definitely suits my strengths. We're going to penetrate, disrupt, fly around. I think I'm more built for what we do there."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/08/30/2564042/balmer-hopes-to-do-more-than-fill.html#ixzz1WVzsm1pn