• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#31 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,409 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

I hope Kentwan pans out for us. Because without DT help, the Panthers Kantwen.

see what I did there?

#32 1989

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:47 PM

#33 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,621 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:42 AM

I don't expect anything at all. If he makes an impact at all and plays decent - good it's an improvement and I'll be happy about it. Now about that corner situation..........

#34 DevilCat

DevilCat

Two States One Team

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

he won't do anything just like our other dt's, he shouldn't even be on an nfl roster. luckily the panthers 2011 defensive line might be the worst in nfl history

Doom and and Gloom man......Doom and Gloom.:rolleyes:

#35 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,121 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:34 PM

TBH I really doubt he pans out but Im hope cause we dont really have anything else... Our depth is poo on this team.

#36 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

This is most likely on the board somewhere but i did not see a new thread with it.

"Things happen. You know Michael Jordan got cut one time before. Cris Carter played five years before he made his first Pro Bowl, Michael Strahan six years. It's all on how you take the punches.

"There was a commercial two or three years ago with Dwyane Wade. If you fall down seven, stand up eight. That's the mentality I've been taking since I left San Francisco."

Read more: http://www.charlotte...l#ixzz1WVzVr1jd

"As we looked at him, and talking with (general manager) Marty (Hurney), we thought this was a young man that might be being played out of position," head coach Ron Rivera said.

"We think he might be more of a three-technique tilt nose for us. A guy that's a gap control player. With his size and athleticism, we're hoping that translates to fit into what we want to do."

Balmer is encouraged.

"This may be the fitting piece," he said. "I'm excited about making this work.

"It definitely suits my strengths. We're going to penetrate, disrupt, fly around. I think I'm more built for what we do there."

Read more: http://www.charlotte...l#ixzz1WVzsm1pn

#37 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,846 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:46 AM

I think he'll do well being back home both at 4-3 DT and in NC.

#38 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

• HUDDLER
  • 5,410 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

I think he'll do well being back home both at 4-3 DT and in NC.

with what we have seen from the interior dline thus far its hard not to get excited about changes being made. he could easily prove invaluable from the jump imo

#39 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

glad he's using the greats as motivation.. gotta start somewhere.

#40 Soul Rebel

Soul Rebel

Respect the Rivera

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:30 AM

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I feel like he will be okay here. You can't teach size, which he has, and it's kind of unfair to judge a player that has been playing out of position since he's been in the league. At 24 years old, back in his home state, and playing for a defensive mind like Rivera, I think Balmer was a great pick up. It's a very low-risk acquisition, IMO. It's hard as a State fan, but I'm pulling for him bigtime. Thursday's game should give him a good look since the first teamers for Pittsburgh should be out by the 2nd series.

#41 Seltzer

Seltzer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 30 August 2011 - 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by CardiacCats
he won't do anything just like our other dt's, he shouldn't even be on an nfl roster. luckily the panthers 2011 defensive line might be the worst in nfl history ]

Can not be any worse than last year. I think DE will be better than last year provided CJ continues to do well and Hardy can continue to improve on his fairly impressive rookie season. CJ and Hardy have the potential to be the best starting DE's we have had in a while. To me, CJ is Rucker-like with a higher ceiling and Hardy is Peppers-like with a lower ceiling. Everrette Brown and Norwood are not the stud 3rd DE like Al Wallace was in the past. Hopefully Norwood will continue to grow as a pass rusher. Unfortunately, I don't think Brown will ever be a consistent player.

I think McClain and Fua will get better but it will take time. Most DT's outside of Suh aren't superstars their rookie seasons. Hopefully we get some veteran leadership and production there. Losing Ron Edwards sucks. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't draft CB 1st and DT 2nd next year.

#42 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,629 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:11 PM

Derek Landri seemed better than what we have now, but they let him go. He wasn't great, but was serviceable.

I never did understand why they cut him and kept less capible players.

I hope Rivea can turn poop into choclate ice cream with this lates project at DT.

#43 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 10,076 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:43 PM

No better than what we already have.

damn, i hope ron rivera has your insight

#44 Double34Trouble28

Double34Trouble28

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Man, Al Wallace. I loved that guy.

#45 TerriblePizza

TerriblePizza

Bringin dat Gamecock swag

• HUDDLER
  • 2,221 posts
  • LocationCamden, SC

Posted 01 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Per twitter.

@carolinagrowl Breaking News: The Panthers have released DT Kentwan Balmer without even having him play a game. Interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com