• Please log in to reply
369 replies to this topic

#151 kungfoodude

kungfoodude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:43 AM

do what i do at work when i wanna curse someone out use substitutes. Whenver you feel the urge to yell something such as "go fug yourself" instead say something like "go eat an apple and enjoy it you upstanding citizen" but say it in a really mean voice. Last week one of my managers pissed me off to the point where he was waiting for me to say something out of line and instead i yelled in a very threating tone " i like your shirt it's a good look for you" he just stood there stared at me and walked off because he had nothing to write me up about.

wtf?

#152 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,131 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:56 AM

kumbaya mother fugers

#153 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

because someone has a baseless opinion doesn't mean they are stoopid..

just their opinion is stoopid..

what are you some sort of philosophizer

#154 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:03 AM

1 Huddler, 1 cup?

Linky? :D

#155 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:16 AM

I don't think asking for members not to personally insult other members in any way effects the discourse here but in a positive way.

People can still post any opinion or opposition to opinions that they want. They can even say certain opinions are like a hobo's diarreah, indecent in the public's view but inevitably comes spewing out occasionally.

You just can't attack the poster personally who may have posted said diarrhea opinion. You cannot call posters racists. You cannot call posters idiots. You cannot call posters Falcon Fans. None of these insults are acceptable.

insulting won't be tolerated....but what about clear trolling trying to bait people over and over and over again? Still cool?

Edited by CRA, 29 August 2011 - 09:19 AM.

#156 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:23 AM

insulting won't be tolerated....but what about clear trolling trying to bait people over and over and over again? Still cool?

that really only applies to one poster here, who wants to talk "real football" ..

#157 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:01 AM

If you choose to read what said poster has to say then you have no one to blame but yourself.

#158 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:05 AM

If you choose to read what said poster has to say then you have no one to blame but yourself.

that could be said for just about any action by any poster then.....

#159 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

that could be said for just about any action by any poster then.....

That was my point. If you don't like what any poster is doing, ignoring them is a good idea. This is the internet, not real life. You don't have to associate with anyone you don't want to.

#160 PanthaSan

PanthaSan

Sith Bewbie Padawan....

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,854 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

That was my point. If you don't like what any poster is doing, ignoring them is a good idea. This is the internet, not real life. You don't have to associate with anyone you don't want to.

:lol:

I can just see it, somebody trolling on a city bus IRL.....

edit: wait, that did really happen

#161 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,535 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

what are you some sort of philosophizer

obviously. I'm like Plato motherfuger.

#162 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

:lol:

I can just see it, somebody trolling on a city bus IRL.....

edit: wait, that did really happen

Exactly why people do it on the interwebs. And since you can't kiss their arse, ignoring them is the best you got

#163 Cracka McNasty

Cracka McNasty

WWNPHD?

• HUDDLER
  • 3,869 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:32 AM

thank zod...

I really was starting to get tired of all the pissing matches and what not going on around here lately. it really has stopped being a fun place to come to discuss the panthers. Thank you for cracking down on it. I hope we can actually get some good debates going on here. too much trolling, not enough discussions.

#164 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,958 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:36 AM

well I do now...but with the sheer volume and dedication of some trolls....it causes a lot of sifting through threads now that in the past didn't have to be done. Also can cause discussions others have started to be derailed and ended.

So while true, you don't have to anything to do w/ a troll as an individual poster....trolls still impact boards and can dictate discussions for the worst.

Edited by CRA, 29 August 2011 - 10:42 AM.

#165 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

well I do now...but with the sheer volume and dedication of some trolls....it causes a lot of sifting through threads now that in the past didn't have to be done. Also can cause discussions others have started to be derailed and ended.

So while true, you don't have to anything to do w/ a troll as an individual poster....trolls still impact boards and can dictate discussions for the worst.

I agree to an extent. Take TRD for example. Everyone says he is a troll and does nothing but derail threads. Now instead of having 100 post calling him a troll, if he was ignored and no one replied then the thread would continue. So yes trolls can dictate discussions, but only when people reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com