#17 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Carolina Panthers...thats our church, thats our cult, thats our gang, thats our football team. Black & blue all in my veins and arteries. I trust management and the coaching staff to put him and our team in the position to WIN. And as long as Cameron is our guy he has my support. Let's ride!

Signed,
King Taharqa
North Charlotte Representative

#18 lymelizzard

lymelizzard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • Location\/\/ /\/ C

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

I _________________ do hereby pledge that Cam Newton has my full support as the Carolina Panthers starting quarterback. The fact that I did/didn't (circle one) has no bearing on my decision to live in reality and realize Cam is the biggest hope for a franchise QB that we have ever had.

In addition, I realize Cam will at times struggle, and promise not to throw him under the bus at any given opportunity. I understand that Cam is here under a multi year plan, and not a 6 week plan.

By accepting this pledge, your Matt Moore pledge started by some knuckle head last season is null and void.

:nono:

#19 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:14 AM

#20 hank pimple butt

hank pimple butt

HALUKEN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationIn your pants USA

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:15 AM

I Hank Pimple Butt do hereby pledge that Cam Newton has my full support as the Carolina Panthers starting quarterback. The fact that I did/didn't (circle one) has no bearing on my decision to live in reality and realize Cam is the biggest hope for a franchise QB that we have ever had.

In addition, I realize Cam will at times struggle, and promise not to throw him under the bus at any given opportunity. I understand that Cam is here under a multi year plan, and not a 6 week plan.

By accepting this pledge, your Matt Moore pledge started by some knuckle head last season is null and void.

#21 5158Poundin

5158Poundin

Here Kitty Kitty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:16 AM

I am with you through it all. The good, the bad and the fugly. You are a Panther and you have my support until you are no longer in black n blue! Here comes the rollercoaster ride of a rookie season!

#22 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:17 AM

Cam has already shown more potential in preseason than Jimmy did for the entire previous regular season. Of course I'm taking the pledge.

#23 Everfrost

Everfrost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationPanther Nation

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:18 AM

I support him as much as I supported Frank Reich, Kerry Collins, Steve Buerlien, Chris Weinke, Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen...

No love for Vinny?

#24 Stumpy

Stumpy

Cam Ward Trolls Hard

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts
  • LocationHickory

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:26 AM

I support him as much as I supported Frank Reich, Kerry Collins, Steve Buerlien, Chris Weinke, Rodney Peete, Jake Delhomme, David Carr, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen...

No love for Vinny?

Or BSP?
Or Deangelo in that one ATL game?

#25 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 46,995 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:27 AM

I took that pledge in 1995, names were different but the pledge is the same.

#26 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,572 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:50 AM

This didn't go so well the last time :(

I took that pledge in 1995, names were different but the pledge is the same.

Pretty much.

My opinion: Newton isn't ready to start, and he'll be better off sitting and learning for a year, especially given that the team around him has looked borderline awful at times. Starting him now risks screwing up a player in whom we have a big time investment.

My allegiance: As a fan, I'm behind whomever is out there. We could sign and start Ryan Leaf, and while I might not like the decision I'd cheer for him and hope for his success.

That's fan life.

#27 HoFBound90

HoFBound90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:52 AM

Everyone should stand behind their quarterback but we all now after 1 bad quarter everyone is going to throw him under the bus.

#28 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,572 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:14 PM

Everyone should stand behind their quarterback...

Disagree.

He might trip over you when he's dropping back :sosp:

#29 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

newton's going to be fun to root for. even in rewatching all of his worst sequences in the preseason, he's showing (occasional) flashes of being one of the best QBs in the league very soon. i was all about luck and remember the epic event of watching his bowl game performance. cam's work in the early 2nd half in cinci showed pretty much all of the same qualities. the total package is within sight for this guy. it's really going to take him time to get comfortable in the passing game, but he has the potential to impact games significantly way before he is up to speed as a passer. i think his competitiveness will shine through and there will be a lot of good even in his first season.

#30 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:15 PM

This pledge is basically a promise to not criticize Newton for any of his mistakes this coming year, and his fanboys are hilarious in their homerism. Regardless, I envision Cam will become a better version of McNabb in three years and I'm excited about that. He's got my support.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.