#1 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:42 PM

The fact that we live in Charlotte. Losing and looking bad in doing so sucks bad enough. In Charlotte you have to listen to transplants and bandwagon fans give their opinions on why our hometown team sucks. In Buffalo, when your team sucks you can commiserate with other losers of like mind because NOBODY moves to Buffalo, they all move away. Down here you have to hear not only transplants from crapholes like Buffalo and Pittsburgh, but also the local idiots that root for the Skins, Steelers, and Cowboys. They think a qualifier like "I'm an Eagles fan" before they opine about what we need to do to be a winning team makes them legit. If I have to hear "I'm a _______ fan, but I think the Panthers need to ________" one more time, I think I might just punch somebody in the face. I don't care if it's at a fancy place like the Wal-Mart, it's going down.

Back to work.

#2 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

We feel your pain in Raleigh too.

#3 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:15 PM

don't listen to wfnz

#4 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:16 PM

yes we do.. probly more so.

-----------

I've quit having civil conversations, much like this forum, there are very few people out of a 1,000 worth having a real football conversation with. until people quit talking bullpoo and tryin to pretend it's a valid opinion, come correct or stfu with your stupid opinion.. ;)

#5 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,264 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:17 PM

don't listen to wfnz

This is actually good advice.

#6 Neylus

Neylus

Limited Edition

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

Half our plant is northern transplants or local idiots as you say. Of the 400 or so employees where I work, I am aware of 2 Panthers fans. Now if we start winning I am sure that will change quickly.

#7 Tarheels23

Tarheels23

Keep Pounding

• HUDDLER
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:20 PM

The fact that we live in Charlotte. Losing and looking bad in doing so sucks bad enough. In Charlotte you have to listen to transplants and bandwagon fans give their opinions on why our hometown team sucks. In Buffalo, when your team sucks you can commiserate with other losers of like mind because NOBODY moves to Buffalo, they all move away. Down here you have to hear not only transplants from crapholes like Buffalo and Pittsburgh, but also the local idiots that root for the Skins, Steelers, and Cowboys. They think a qualifier like "I'm an Eagles fan" before they opine about what we need to do to be a winning team makes them legit. If I have to hear "I'm a _______ fan, but I think the Panthers need to ________" one more time, I think I might just punch somebody in the face. I don't care if it's at a fancy place like the Wal-Mart, it's going down.

Back to work.

Man I hate that too! I hate listening to WFNZ when you have people like Kenny, Cowboy ___________, or Steeler _______, call in.

#8 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:25 PM

I usually just refrain from talking Football with anyone that I don't know, it's like politics, most people are just f'n clueless.

#9 kungfoodude

kungfoodude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

It's waaaay worse in Raleigh than Charlotte.

#10 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,027 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:35 PM

What makes the Panthers sucking worse?

8000 Different threads about it?

#11 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,498 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

I usually just refrain from talking Football with anyone that I don't know, it's like politics, most people are just f'n clueless.

qft

#12 Kettle

Kettle

I'm Stainless.

• HUDDLER
  • 13,383 posts
  • LocationThe Brew Wing

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:44 PM

fuggin' steelers are every where in wilmington. yankees in general really. jets, bills, eagles, giants and pats are also easy to find.

#13 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

Being a fan of any professional football team in Raleigh makes you an outcast.

#14 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:00 PM

Even then, I tend to avoid talking about the Panthers with people that aren't fans all together because they typically have more knowledge about nuclear physics than they have the Panthers.

Plus I don't want to hear them brag about how great everything Pittsburgh is, even though they've never even entered the state of Pennsylvania.

#15 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,513 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Being a fan of any professional football team in Raleigh makes you an outcast.

Unless it's the RailHawks :rolleyes:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com