• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 05:09 PM

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP)—Ty Lawson’s toe injury is creating uncertainty about whether the junior will be ready to go for top-ranked North Carolina in this week’s Atlantic Coast Conference tournament.

Coach Roy Williams said Tuesday that Lawson’s right big toe was badly swollen after the weekend win against Duke. He said he didn’t know whether the speedy point guard would be at full speed or unable to play in Atlanta.

The news came the same day Lawson was chosen ACC player of the year, outdistancing Florida State’s Toney Douglas and teammate Tyler Hansbrough—the reigning national player of the year.

North Carolina opens the tournament Friday against either Virginia Tech or Miami in the quarterfinals.

I hope the tarheels will be ready to step it up if Lawson doesn't play.

#2 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:21 PM

This tournament is not that important to the Heels, or for me...I want a healthy team to enter the NCAA tournament.

#3 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 06:31 PM

This tournament is not that important to the Heels, or for me...I want a healthy team to enter the NCAA tournament.

No doubt. They won the tournament last year. Hopefully they will rest Lawson and look at the big picture.

#4 monstercat

monstercat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, I would be fine with resting Lawson for the ACC tournament. Of course, these toe injuries tend to linger for a long time though, so it may not help him much for the NCAA tournament. This worries me.

#5 MarkR73

MarkR73

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:10 PM

Yeah, I would be fine with resting Lawson for the ACC tournament. Of course, these toe injuries tend to linger for a long time though, so it may not help him much for the NCAA tournament. This worries me.

I swear they have the WORST luck with injuries of any college team. The timing always sucks too.:ma: Frasier should take his place in the ACC tournament if they rest Lawson. He can handle the ball very well.

Edited by MarkR73, 10 March 2009 - 07:14 PM.

#6 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 07:46 PM

I swear they have the WORST luck with injuries of any college team. The timing always sucks too.:ma: Frasier should take his place in the ACC tournament if they rest Lawson. He can handle the ball very well.

Certainly better than Drew at this point...

#7 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:35 AM

I say throw drew out there and let him learn under fire.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com