Photo
- - - - -

Man made global warming DEBUNKED by CERN.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#46 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

i dont get why its so hard to fathom that pollutants and greenhouse gases could possibly alter the quality of air and a hole in the atmosphere. I guess everything I learned from 2nd grade thru high school and into college is just a huge conspiracy theory.

#47 King

King

A Cell of Awareness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:09 PM

Well, considering o-zone depletion has nothing to do with global warming, it sounds like you slept through the parts of class discussing environmental damage.

#48 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:20 PM

i dont get why its so hard to fathom that pollutants and greenhouse gases could possibly alter the quality of air and a hole in the atmosphere.

Can people affect the environment negatively? Sure. Go Google "Cuyahoga River". Google "EPA Superfund". Hell, just Google "Deepwater Horizon". People can be destructive.

But the question, is; Can people affect the Global environment?

This is really, really hard to answer, because we don't know exactly what level of pollution is us, or nature.

http://volcanoes.usg...s/gas/index.php

Volcanoes release more than 130 million tonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere every year

Think about the trillions of tonnes of CO2 gas released in just the past 15,000 years. And actually, the farther back you go into the past, the more geologically active the Earth was. So this number is probably lowering.

And yet, there have been ice ages, even in the past 100,000 years.

I guess everything I learned from 2nd grade thru high school and into college is just a huge conspiracy theory.

Is it so hard to believe? Schools once taught that the world was flat. Just because a teacher, or a group of people promotes a particular scientific aspect as true, doesn't take away from the fact until conclusively proven, it is just theory.

This is the problem with our current academic attitudes. Concepts are taught as fact. Facts are ignored if it doesn't "Fit" with the concensus view. And the average person is left in the dark.

Edited by blackcatgrowl, 30 August 2011 - 03:22 PM.

#49 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:31 PM

I would assume by now that everyone's come to the realization that global warming due to man-made co2 is a fabricated scheme designed to generate profits and bring about control. It is a farce, it is a lie. Period. Now don't get me wrong, taking care of the planet is essential, however this planet is slowly turning into a wasteland by many corporations and industries. The establishment motto is "do as i say, not as i do."

Your theory breaks down when you consider that usually it's governments trying to force scientists to deny global warming, and pulling their funding when they don't. Governments have a way bigger stake in oil than they do in 'green' whatever.

You insist that 'everyone' realizes it's fabricated, meanwhile within a few percentage points of 100% of scientists support the model. Call me crazy, but I believe an absolute majority of scientists over the Rick Perrys of the world. Politicians lie to you.

Edited by rodeo, 30 August 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#50 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,132 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

Is it so hard to believe? Schools once taught that the world was flat. Just because a teacher, or a group of people promotes a particular scientific aspect as true, doesn't take away from the fact until conclusively proven, it is just theory.

In science, something has to be tested and proven to be considered a theory.

#51 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:40 PM

Environmentalism can be taken to the extreme point where preventing/limiting advancement of civilization can occur.

See Malaria

#52 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

In science, something has to be tested and proven to be considered a theory.

:lol:

No it doesn't.

Example: String Theory. Completely unprovable. The math doesn't even conclusively support it. There is no observable data to support it.

Yet, it's passed by some astrophysicists as fact.

#53 I Mean He Was Found Guilty

I Mean He Was Found Guilty

ayy lmao

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,132 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:52 PM

:lol:

No it doesn't.

Example: String Theory. Completely unprovable. The math doesn't even conclusively support it. There is no observable data to support it.

Yet, it's passed by some astrophysicists as fact.

The point is that you used the generic sense of the word instead of the correct one. "That's why it's just a theory" is a weak argument if taken at face value, which is what I did. I didn't even contest anything you said outside of that sentence.

Edited by london67, 30 August 2011 - 03:59 PM.

#54 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,907 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 30 August 2011 - 03:54 PM

Your theory breaks down when you consider that usually it's governments trying to force scientists to deny global warming, and pulling their funding when they don't. Governments have a way bigger stake in oil than they do in 'green' whatever.

You insist that 'everyone' realizes it's fabricated, meanwhile within a few percentage points of 100% of scientists support the model. Call me crazy, but I believe an absolute majority of scientists over the Rick Perrys of the world. Politicians lie to you.

Im curious as to what Rick Perry has to do with anything? And since when has the establishment denied the theory of man-made global warming? They are the biggest enablers of this concept of all. Big Oil are some of the biggest pushers of going "green" with various advertisement campaigns more than suggesting this, which we all know is total hypocricy. BP is a perfect example.

Fact of the matter is big oil and the gov't are in bed with eachother, thus all the theatre and propaganda we see regarding this hypocritical arena. Scientists support this fabricated idea because they are all bought and paid for establishment shills.

CO2 has absolutely nothing to do with global warming, especially when you take into account the point BCG made about volcanos. The obvious answer for the climate change on our planet, as well as the other planets in our solar system, is because of the Sun. But of course NASA and the so-called scientific community are keeping this information from us so that they can continue this revenue generating scheme, which in effect would do nothing to help the cause even if man-made global warming was a fact. Its all about money and power. We should know this by now Rodeo.

Edited by venom, 30 August 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#55 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

The point is that you used the generic sense of the word vs. the correct one.

A "generic sense of the word"? :rofl:

Actually, you've touched on something.

I used a literal definition of the word, which is probably how the scientific community is allowed to make unprovable claims. Your definition is literally correct, but the community is juxtaposing the application of the word in the two defintions and misusing it.

http://dictionary.re...m/browse/theory

1. a coherent group of tested general propositions, commonly regarded as correct, that can be used as principles of explanation and prediction for a class of phenomena: Einstein's theory of relativity. Synonyms: principle, law, doctrine.
2. a proposed explanation whose status is still conjectural and subject to experimentation, in contrast to well-established propositions that are regarded as reporting matters of actual fact. Synonyms: idea, notion hypothesis, postulate. Antonyms: practice, verification, corroboration, substantiation.

In fact, if you look at the two definitions of the same word... they actually form an oxymoron. Two almost completely different ideas represented by the same word.

Anyhow... we're arguing semantics. The fact remains, Man-Made Global Warming falls into the #2 definition of the word "Theory".

#56 jim stone

jim stone

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

Man made global warming is due to alll Al Gore's blowing hot air. But, I guess you got to take the good with the bad. He DID invent the E-net!.

#57 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 30 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

I'm morally opposed to protecting the environment at the expense of industry. And people trade risk for convenience all the time. It's why most of you drive a car to work instead of taking a bus or carpooling.

If endangered animals were tasty, I'd put them on buns and dress them with mayonnaise from condor eggs.

I'm not on board with this. I believe that man made global warming is false, despite Rodeo's insistence that 99% of environmental scientists support the model. However, industry should not supersede environmental health whenever applicable since we depend on a healthy environment for our personal health and survival.

Ohh and Rodeo, the 99% of scientists support the model argument is absolute crap. It's a cop out to being able to actually accept new information to the model. There is usually a scientific consensus on a topic until it's proven otherwise and then a shift begins.

#58 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,927 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

And since when has the establishment denied the theory of man-made global warming? They are the biggest enablers of this concept of all.

Until 2009 the executive branch was literally threatening scientists if they released reports that supported global warming theory. Man-made or otherwise! Harassment and intimidation still goes on throughout the government toward the scientific community.

This time, venom, you are on the side of the government, and you're unknowingly participating in a conspiracy to discredit science. If they've successfully pulled the wool over your eyes, there's not a lot of hope for others.

http://blog.indexonc...hilling-effect/

“We are deeply concerned by the extent and nature of personal attacks on climate scientists. Reports of harassment, death threats, and legal challenges have created a hostile environment that inhibits the free exchange of scientific findings and ideas and makes it difficult for factual information and scientific analyses to reach policymakers and the public."

#59 Donald LaFell

Donald LaFell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:25 PM

we've only been producing huge amounts of carbon dioxide for around say what 200 years? Also the human population has been skyrocketing exponentially for a while especially around the turn of the century.

Everything else on the earth has been constant. Human's producing CO2(in mass quantity) is relatively new.

I don't see how we could not be affecting the earth's climate in some way.

#60 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:44 PM

This topic, as well as a lot of other stuff on this board, is something I'm pretty sick of debating. The only thing I have to say is this - it's very alarming to me the amount of people in this country that completely disregard science and come up with their own simplistic views of the world. To me, it's scary as poo and WILL be the downfall of this country. Since when was science so political? I can guarantee it's the not the scientists that made it so(I'm looking at you Gore).

Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. - Charles Darwin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com