Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YoungPanthers89

Shockey saves fellow TE's life?

48 posts in this topic

Respect level for Shockey just went through the roof, glad Hartsock is ok (choking is scary, its happened to me). Now all he needs to do is save Cam when he throws the ball. :D

incredible story!

good job shockey

hartstock was choking on a piece of meat in the bathroom?

How dare you make fun of someone almost dying from choking. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Am I mistaken but isnt slapping someone on the back to get them unchocked a big no-no? It can cause the food to get lodged worse iirc.

Glad it worked. I'm not sure Shockey smacking him in the back is the same as the heimlich but as long as it works.

Maybe if no eating was added to their contracts this wouldn't happen now would it.

You wanna go into the season with 90 pound offensive linemen?

On the topic, good for Shockey.

Am I mistaken but isnt slapping someone on the back to get them unchocked a big no-no? It can cause the food to get lodged worse iirc.

They use the back thrust for small children and infants. Most folks recommend the standard heimlich manuver with adults as long as they are accessible (you have to reach around them). Once they have passed out or collapsed and are that big you can't reach around them it is hard to do the heimlich so whacking them on the back may be the best.