Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newton: "It's About Trusting The System"

184 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Translate: "It's about trusting the o-line"

He is essentially saying that he throws off his back foot because he doesn't trust the oline enough to step into his throws. At least that's how I interpret it.

Posted · Report post

Surprised to hear that the system includes happy feet and throwing the ball like a duck. But, what do we know? Could be the next big thing.

He doesn't know what he doesn't know, yet.

Posted · Report post

Sounds just like his supporters.....

Blame anything and everything except what is actually wrong.

His mechanics ARE a big problem. They can and likely will get fixed. But it will take time.

Posted · Report post

Translate: "It's about trusting the o-line"

He is essentially saying that he throws off his back foot because he doesn't trust the oline enough to step into his throws. At least that's how I interpret it.

he throws exactly like he did in college

Posted · Report post

Sounds to me as if he is recognizing he has to get the ball out quicker.

Posted · Report post

I think the mechanics should be #1 on his list. Last time I checked, throwing off your back foot and leaning away from your throws isn't considered good mechanics. But what do I know? It's not like I'm a QB or a coach or scout or anything.....

Posted · Report post

His mechanics breakdown most when the line breaks down.

He is saying he has to execute better, which would encompass all area's of play.

Even mechanics.

Its not a 100% mechanics issues, its a total offensive execution issue.

Posted · Report post

Yea, throwing off your back foot means you don't have mechanic issues... what a joke.

Posted · Report post

*In my best Bill Lumberg voice* "Yeah.... We're gonna need him to go ahead... and change that ASAP.... mmmk?.... Great..."

Posted · Report post

If the coaches are not telling him that his footwork needs improvement, then it will never be fixed. His throwing mechanics are perfectly fine. But, his footwork is piss poor. It sounds like the coaches have not expressed concern about his footwork, but that can't be right.

Posted · Report post

If the coaches are not telling him that his footwork needs improvement, then it will never be fixed. His throwing mechanics are perfectly fine. But, his footwork is piss poor. It sounds like the coaches have not expressed concern about his footwork, but that can't be right.

There is next to no way they aren't constantly working with him to get those feet set.