#1 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

Don't get me wrong, they have a great team over there....but a #1 seed? Give me a break...sitting at 25-5 (Wake is 24-5 and getting absolutely no #1 talk, which they also don't deserve) with losses to Western Kentucky? Minnesota? UNLV? 33 point loss to Notre Dame?

And yes, the ACC is better than the Big East. Especially when Louisville doesn't have to play the top teams twice (Duke, 25-6, played Wake and UNC twice) Yes, they DID beat Pitt and Marquette, but Wake beat UNC and Duke, which are comparable in respect to the two. But both of those games were in Freedom Hall, they didn't even have to play in Storrs, though they still lost to the Huskies. If they play those 3 teams twice, they wouldn't win 4/6.

The only way Louisville should get a #1 seed is if they win the Big East Tournament...other than that, #2.

#1's -
North Carolina
Pitt
UConn
Oklahoma (lost twice w/o Blake Griffin)

#2's -
Memphis (cupcake schedule = #2 seed)
Louisville
Duke
Wake Forest

3's -
Michigan State (who Maryland and UNC dominated)
Villanova
Kansas
Gonazga

I hate the "ACC teams hurt each other by knocking each other off" argument...b/c all it entails is that they are the better teams, but that the record won't show it, especially when the Big East only plays teams once in a given year, maybe twice in the Big East Tournament.

I know there is some Louisville homer on here...but sorry bud...the Cards are a #2...which isn't bad by ANY means :D

Can't wait until next Sunday!!!

#2 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,671 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:23 AM

Wake Forrest = Carolina Panthers

No respect.

In the last week Louisville has really been getting a lot of talk. Maybe to sucker in all the people who only pay attention in March.

#3 PlayMoore!

PlayMoore!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:39 AM

even though they have bad losses... they still won the freakin big east! It should be a rule that whoever wins the acc and whoever wins the big east gets a one seed automatcially since those are the 2 best conferences in basketball.

#4 Luc21

Luc21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

#1's -
North Carolina
Pitt
UConn

#2's -
Louisville
Duke
Wake Forest

3's -
Villanova
Kansas
Gonazga

Completely right on.....for now.

#5 tarheelpride

tarheelpride

Logic is optional

• HUDDLER
  • 2,917 posts
  • LocationMiddle of Nowhere, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 11:41 AM

Don't get me wrong, they have a great team over there....but a #1 seed? Give me a break...sitting at 25-5 (Wake is 24-5 and getting absolutely no #1 talk, which they also don't deserve) with losses to Western Kentucky? Minnesota? UNLV? 33 point loss to Notre Dame?

And yes, the ACC is better than the Big East. Especially when Louisville doesn't have to play the top teams twice (Duke, 25-6, played Wake and UNC twice) Yes, they DID beat Pitt and Marquette, but Wake beat UNC and Duke, which are comparable in respect to the two. But both of those games were in Freedom Hall, they didn't even have to play in Storrs, though they still lost to the Huskies. If they play those 3 teams twice, they wouldn't win 4/6.

The only way Louisville should get a #1 seed is if they win the Big East Tournament...other than that, #2.

#1's -
North Carolina
Pitt
UConn

#2's -
Louisville
Duke
Wake Forest

3's -
Villanova
Kansas
Gonazga

I hate the "ACC teams hurt each other by knocking each other off" argument...b/c all it entails is that they are the better teams, but that the record won't show it, especially when the Big East only plays teams once in a given year, maybe twice in the Big East Tournament.

I know there is some Louisville homer on here...but sorry bud...the Cards are a #2...which isn't bad by ANY means :D

Can't wait until next Sunday!!!

my biggest gripe with this is another team can't control how good their conference or their schedule is. fact is they dominated their league, they only lost 3 games (to QUALITY competition in my eyes, any given day you can be beaten waht happened to that concept?), and they're winning w/o the core of their team from last year. Replace UCONN with Memphis and MAYBE Kansas with Oklahoma if they win the Big 12 title.

#6 panthersphan

panthersphan

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,393 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:54 PM

"It should be a rule that whoever wins the acc and whoever wins the big east gets a one seed automatcially since those are the 2 best conferences in basketball."

But they aren't always the best...ACC yes, but sometimes the Big 12 steps up or the Big 10 or Pac-10

So if the ACC had 16 teams...added 4 cupcake teams...then played everyone once, instead of 4 teams twice...the better teams would rack up the wins and not have to challenge each other more than once...which would then give the ACC more teams in the tournament, not matter if they truly deserve it or not.

I want the Big East to get rid of the shitty teams and let them play each other more than once in a year, it would give us a better picture of who is really the best team in the conference.

"my biggest gripe with this is another team can't control how good their conference or their schedule is."

Well, Calapari picks who he plays out of conference. Davidson played a much harder out of conference schedule (Oklahoma, Duke, UNC) and that ultimately hurts their NCAA chances. While teams like Memphis play poo teams all year and get a #1 seed. I'm just saying, you put Duke or Wake against Memphis' schedule and they don't have more than 3 L's. Memphis' only "challenging" out of Conf USA matches were Georgetown and Syracuse (which they lost both) and Gonzaga (a win)

Memphis should not be a #1 seed. (though they probably will be, if they win CUSA tourney)

Louisville should ONLY be a #1 seed, if they win the Big East Tournament

And Kansas? 25-6 < 27-5 Oklahoma is the better team. It's pretty obvious. Put Blake Griffin in that win against Oklahoma and the Sooners win by 15. Hell, Missouri split the season series w/ Kansas and have the exact same record. Why can't they be a #1 seed then? ::sarcasm:: Didn't Kansas just lose to Texas Tech by 20?

You know what should be a rule...you Can't lose to a 13-18 team by 20 in March and be a #1 seed.

Edited by panthersphan, 11 March 2009 - 03:59 PM.

#7 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

I completely agree.

But they should at least be the highest #2 over Memphis State.

#8 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:31 PM

So if the ACC had 16 teams...added 4 cupcake teams...then played everyone once, instead of 4 teams twice...the better teams would rack up the wins and not have to challenge each other more than once...which would then give the ACC more teams in the tournament, no matter if they truly deserve it or not.

That's actually a pretty good take. The Big East is simply too big with their bottom teams are not pretty bad, but really bad. But in their scenario, they don't have the option of playing multiple times.

The ACC is about as large as a conference should be but the top teams have to play other top teams more than once, so they knock each other down, (as they are more than often considered rivalries and the conference puts them together multiple times for ratings).

I'll let the tournament sort it out. Every year, there is another conference listed as better than the ACC and then the ACC sends more teams deeper than any other conference, (baring only a couple of years as far back as I can remember)...

#9 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

That's actually a pretty good take. The Big East is simply too big with their bottom teams are not pretty bad, but really bad. But in their scenario, they don't have the option of playing multiple times.

The ACC is about as large as a conference should be but the top teams have to play other top teams more than once, so they knock each other down, (as they are more than often considered rivalries and the conference puts them together multiple times for ratings).

I'll let the tournament sort it out. Every year, there is another conference listed as better than the ACC and then the ACC sends more teams deeper than any other conference, (baring only a couple of years as far back as I can remember)...

I really don't see UNC( UNC will probably go E8/F4 ), Duke, and Wake/Clemson/FSU going as far as Pitt, UCONN, UofL, and Villanova/Marquette/'Cuse.

The only real threat from the ACC is UNC.

#10 mantal

mantal

• HUDDLER
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:08 PM

I really don't see UNC( UNC will probably go E8/F4 ), Duke, and Wake/Clemson/FSU going as far as Pitt, UCONN, UofL, and Villanova/Marquette/'Cuse.

That may be true, we'll find out, but it's hard to say for sure when the Big East didn't face their upper tier opponents more than once. Your team in particular faced a very advantageous schedule, good luck with that...

#11 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:59 PM

Wake Forrest = Carolina Panthers

No respect.

In the last week Louisville has really been getting a lot of talk. Maybe to sucker in all the people who only pay attention in March.

I actually believe they are the most athletic team in the country. I respect them plenty.

#12 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,219 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Wait until the Wolfpack wins the ACC Tourney....

#13 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:44 PM

hahahahhahahahahaha

#14 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 22,219 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Thats what was going on in my head as I was typing it out lol

#15 unicar15

unicar15

• HUDDLER
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:13 PM

They are the #1 seed in the big east they have a legit case for a #1 seed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.