Photo
- - - - -

national origin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:27 AM

I was just on the can, and I have to post in a conspicuous place all the Federal Equal Opportunity in Employment laws.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that you can't discriminate against someone in employment based on where they were born, yet we still require the President to be born here?

I know the kneejerk reaction is to say this IS a bonafide occupational qualification.

Is it?

Commando is the governor of the state of California. Last I checked, that is a really big state with a lot of economic clout. Pretty heavily armed. You know, all the stuff people are afraid of?
Is it because we think Alqueder will get us a Manchurian candidate?

I find it funny that my wife can't be President, but I could be. She'd be WAY better than me.

Dunno. I'm just thinking out loud since the gubmint makes such a big deal about race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veterans, etc. for gubmint contracts and jobs, yet one of those categories can't hold the highest gubmint office.

Just thinking.

While I was crapping.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,317 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:43 AM

I'd imagine the requirement came out of someone thinking that if things got bad in post Revolution America, people might elect the English King President or something.

#3 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:12 AM

I was just on the can, and I have to post in a conspicuous place all the Federal Equal Opportunity in Employment laws.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that you can't discriminate against someone in employment based on where they were born, yet we still require the President to be born here?

I know the kneejerk reaction is to say this IS a bonafide occupational qualification.

Is it?

Commando is the governor of the state of California. Last I checked, that is a really big state with a lot of economic clout. Pretty heavily armed. You know, all the stuff people are afraid of?
Is it because we think Alqueder will get us a Manchurian candidate?

I find it funny that my wife can't be President, but I could be. She'd be WAY better than me.

Dunno. I'm just thinking out loud since the gubmint makes such a big deal about race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veterans, etc. for gubmint contracts and jobs, yet one of those categories can't hold the highest gubmint office.

Just thinking.

While I was crapping.

your wife has incredibly horrible taste in men. The public takes one look at you and she wouldn't make it past Iowa.

#4 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:14 AM

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that.

But recall Slick Willy had Hilldog.

#5 engine9

engine9

shoota muhfukkaina minute

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:44 AM

Yeah, I hadn't thought about that.

But recall Slick Willy had Hilldog.

but Hillary had Bill Clinton...

#6 Epistaxis

Epistaxis

• HUDDLER
  • 4,184 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

You know, she WAS close to being President.

*shudders*

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com