5 replies to this topic

#1 hmsmike

hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:29 AM

Got it last night -- pretty cool game! I hear it is more arcadish compared to MLB the Show, but I don't have a PS3. Anyways the game is pretty realistic, I was impressed. Also I like the daily player updates that affect your players if they come off a bad or good game in real life. Graphics were pretty clean and has the signature batter box animations for the players.

However just an FYI for any baseball game fans, I hear this is the last year for the 2K series because EA Sports has signed an MLB licensing agreement for next year and I hear that The Show for PS3 is safe for now until their contract runs out. This is according to the Game Stop employees.

Anyways in conclusion, a decent & realistic game for the baseball fan at heart! :thumbsup:

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

the exclusive license with 2k and MLB isn't up till 2012. So no EA baseball game till then featuring MLB players. For EA to even be able to make a MLB game they would have to have been bought and become just a First party developer.

#3 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:15 PM

Did you get a patch or update when you put the game in? I know I played it when it first came out and it was way too buggy.

#4 hmsmike

hmsmike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts
  • LocationHarrisburg, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:44 PM

Did you get a patch or update when you put the game in? I know I played it when it first came out and it was way too buggy.

Well I got a huge update with the new Xbox Dashboard/Live. I love how they are making it more like the Wii!! :rolleyes:

No bugs to report yet though.

#5 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,397 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:51 PM

Well I got a huge update with the new Xbox Dashboard/Live. I love how they are making it more like the Wii!! :rolleyes:

No bugs to report yet though. That's good, I might pick it up. I only rented it the first time.

Yea I had players actually running through outfield walls, not running bases correctly and fly balls just randomly hitting my players in the face when they were directly under the ball.

#6 Tweeder

Tweeder

Hark the Sound

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 08:23 AM

I hate 2k in baseball......I do not know why but they can never get a game right......I will admit they have been better than when EA made the game, all that game used to be was a homerun derby.

I wish The Show would come to the 360

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com