Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

National Cam haters haven't watch Panthers

213 posts in this topic

Posted

I am worried.

A major concern of his was not being able to read NFL defenses, not getting off his first read, being a run first QB, etc.

That play showed how all of those seem to be true. It's very worrisome.

Posted

When you start a thread by saying "national people who say Cam isn't ready clearly haven't followed the team", that to me implies that you are saying Cam is ready.

Not what I meant. I meant preseason QB play has been so bad recently from our potential starters......that there is no reason to be so down on Cam heading into this season. Not if you have followed this team. We have limped into each season the past 2 years with QBs literally doing nothing in the preseason.

Cam has done some things which is a difference heading into the year.....reason for optimism. Not what the national media is spinning.

Posted

If it was such a bad decision....Steve Smith would not of been so excited. Steve Smith's reaction is the trump card to your Cam hate of the play.

If we could be in the film room today, you think they are going to say, "Okay guys, Steve looked pumped, lets move on from this play..."

or are they going to actually break down the play and tell Cam what he should have done, which is stay in the pocket and deliver the pass to a wide open wide receiver.

Posted

Does Judge have a valid point about handling success and failure at this level for a rookie and his long term development?

He had an article stating that the Andy Dalton, rookie QB with the most fumble so far this preseason, should be rookie QB of the year if he had his way.

I guess anyone can make a valid point but it's their agenda I'm more concerned with.

Posted

Not what I meant. I meant preseason QB play has been so bad recently from our potential starters......that there is no reason to be so down on Cam heading into this season. Not if you have followed this team. We have limped into each season the past 2 years with QBs literally doing nothing in the preseason.

Uhh...We had to bench our starter from the preseason the past two years...

Not the comparison I'd want to draw to "calm" everyone about it being "just the preseason"

Posted

I am worried.

A major concern of his was not being able to read NFL defenses, not getting off his first read, being a run first QB, etc.

That play showed how all of those seem to be true. It's very worrisome.

only you can take a promising drive from a rookie QB and turn it into a perfect example (in your mind) of why he will suck.

go troll another thread.

Posted

TRD is a Dolphins fan, why are people arguing with him about our QB?

Posted

He picked up 19 yeards on the play! Wouldn't have gotten anymore throwing it. They need to let Cam run. Cam may never be Payton Manning throwing, but his running ability is special. Maybe not quite Michael Vick special but pretty close.

I am very happy with the Cam pick even though I know he's going to struggle some this year. Cam can make plays with his feet no one besides Vick can make, and when/ if he develops as a passer his potential is unlimited.

Posted

You might mean this in the negative connotation, but let me put a positive spin on this train of thought.

From what I've seen in the Preseason... they have held Newton back. His runs have been jogs. The vast majority of his passes have been short attempts (15 to 25 yards). I know he can run faster. I know he can throw farther.

We have not seen Newton fire it all up... wait till they cut him loose... he's gonna wow this fanbase and the league before the end of the year.

Not meant to be either positive or negative regarding Newton, honestly. Just pointing out that comparing preseason stats from one year to another is kind of pointless.

Posted

If we could be in the film room today, you think they are going to say, "Okay guys, Steve looked pumped, lets move on from this play..."

or are they going to actually break down the play and tell Cam what he should have done, which is stay in the pocket and deliver the pass to a wide open wide receiver.

I think the staff will be fine w/ Cam choosing to run. Like I said, who is playing QB impacts what should or shouldn't be done. Play can develope the same for different Qbs.....what they should do isn't always the same.

You know that. But it doesn't suit your arguement.

Posted

So he got 19 running and we would have gotten at least 19 throwing, considering Cam didn't' do anything special with his run yet he had to take an extra hit doing it.

What was the upside to him running?

Posted

Not meant to be either positive or negative regarding Newton, honestly. Just pointing out that comparing preseason stats from one year to another is kind of pointless.

Not so much comparing stats but play from the position. Would you feel worse about Cam if he didn't score a single TD....like the QBs of prior preseasons? I would think you would.