212 replies to this topic

#91 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Whatever you want to do: Moore then > Cam now so twist and spin all you want.

Says the king of spin.

"You want him to be a runner because you know he's not an NFL passer." You spun that one really well. No one wants him to be a runner, and No One knows what kind of NFL passer he will become.

"Like I said in another thread, I don't care about results this year," If you did not care about results, you would not be so arguementative.

"Wins > Excitement" For someone who claims to not care about results, this seems a bizzare statement.

Those were just from the last two pages, so I did not have to even work very hard to show your wishy-washy-ness.

The result of that particular play was a first down. The result of that particular drive was a TD. Results matter. Otherwise, why play the game?

And oh hell yeah, GOOOOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

#92 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,844 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:42 PM

:beatdeadhorse5:

#93 goodsense83

goodsense83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:54 PM

Wow.. more of this?

We're really gonna analyze this ad nauseum? So what that he should thrown it to Steve Smith... He ran for frickin 19 yards. If Jimmy Clausen or DA ran for 19 yards, we'd say that they made a great play. WHO CARES?

It was a big play... and Cam Newton ability to run makes a defense change the way they scheme against him... opening up things for the deep ball. He's not gonna be Peyton Manning... and he doesnt need to be.

#94 I am Hubby

I am Hubby

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:56 PM

Oh, and one more thing. Cameron did not get hit at the end of that play. He went down before the guy trailing the play could hit him. It amazed me that he seem to know exactly when to get down. So that should not go into the category of unnecessary hits he will take because he runs.

And lastly, the next time that play unfolds, Cameron may just hit Smitty. You have to experience a play to learn from it.

And GOOOO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#95 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

So TRD, just to clarify what I have read after 3 pages of crapshine and shinola from you.

You say that he should have stayed in the pocket and passed the ball to Smitty, instead of seeing a running lane that guaranteed a first down and taking it. OK, maybe if the offensive line had not shown repeatedly during this preseason that if he doesn't get rid of the ball immediately or get out of the way, someone is going to fall on him, then you would be correct. But a crossing route takes time to develop, and there has not historically been that much time available.

There was a huge running lane, and the first down was guaranteed, as he could have run 5 yards, fell down, and rolled for another 5 before he got touched. It was 3rd and 10, his job was to get the first down, which he did.

If he had passed the ball to Smitty, and it was dropped, or the first down not reached, you would have taken that opportunity to say, "If he is such a great runner, why didn't he run when he had all that space." and used the same pictures to demonstrate the amount of open space.

See below for the running lane.

I understand being a bit pessimistic of starting a rookie qb week 1. Hell, it scares me too. But the fact is, he is the best option we have, and gives us the best chance to win, now and in the future.

I honestly think you are just a troll who wants to stir everyone up, and therefore, I am going to count you as a fuging idiot and ignore you. I will not feed the troll any longer, and honestly, I just wish you would go away.

Attached Files

#96 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:07 PM

What about Moore now versus Cam now?

It's not even close.

"Like I said in another thread, I don't care about results this year," If you did not care about results, you would not be so arguementative.

I'm not argumentative, I'm simply stating my opinion. The result of the play doesn't matter to me, it's the whole play that matters and what he showed is that he's a run first QB who runs at the first chance. This was a regression to what he had been showing in terms of staying in the pocket.

"Wins > Excitement" For someone who claims to not care about results, this seems a bizzare statement.

:lol: take it out of context all you want, Teeray was trying to compare one play to 5 games of Moore's play.

#97 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:10 PM

I honestly think you are just a troll who wants to stir everyone up, and therefore, I am going to count you as a fuging idiot and ignore you. I will not feed the troll any longer, and honestly, I just wish you would go away.

All I see in that picture is a perfect pocket and a wide open Steve Smith.

You can play the what if game all you want.

I'll talk about what actually happened and how it was the wrong play, which I guarantee coaches will talk about.

As for the insults, meh. I expect them when people can't defend their opinions with facts.

#98 sharkkiller

sharkkiller

Inconceivable

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts
  • LocationSanto Domingo

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

OK, one more time, do you not see #54 behind Smitty? One who could very well have made the tackle before the first down? By keeping Smitty as an option, it keeps the linebacker from being able to focus on him, and gains the extra yards. BY the time the linebacker realizes he is running and not passing, he has the first down.

You are treating your opinion as fact, when it is in fact the uneducated opinion of a football fan. Obviously not a Panther fan based on your trolling of this board, but apparently in your own warped way, a fan. Your opinion on this play is no more valid than mine.

On, 2nd and 10, you are absolutely correct, wait for the route to develop and pass the ball to the receiver, but on 3rd and 10 and you have a guaranteed 1st down, take the 1st down.

#99 Kral

Kral

Internet Legend

• HUDDLER
  • 6,793 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

You are treating your opinion as fact

There is no difference.

#100 TheRealDeal

TheRealDeal

• TROLLOLOL
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

OK, one more time, do you not see #54 behind Smitty? One who could very well have made the tackle before the first down? By keeping Smitty as an option, it keeps the linebacker from being able to focus on him, and gains the extra yards. BY the time the linebacker realizes he is running and not passing, he has the first down.

You are treating your opinion as fact, when it is in fact the uneducated opinion of a football fan. Obviously not a Panther fan based on your trolling of this board, but apparently in your own warped way, a fan. Your opinion on this play is no more valid than mine.

On, 2nd and 10, you are absolutely correct, wait for the route to develop and pass the ball to the receiver, but on 3rd and 10 and you have a guaranteed 1st down, take the 1st down.

Time the fug out.

You really think number 54 is going to make a play on Smith when he is running away from him and 54 is moving the opposite direction as well?

You honestly believe 54 could have tackled Smith on that play?

That little nugget right there proves 100% without a shadow of a doubt that my opinion is more valid than yours.

#101 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:23 PM

Can we cut this ignorant, childish nonsense of calling everyone a hater that has an opinion that isn't a part of the homer hivemind? Or are we still in grammar school?

Red rover at recess?

#102 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image

#103 Get_on_my_horse

Get_on_my_horse

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:32 PM

You're either a Cam hater or a Cam masturbator.

there's no middleground.

#104 4Corners

4Corners

Trill Laimbeer

• HUDDLER
  • 13,486 posts
  • Location704

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

SO because he threw a TD, rushed for a TD, and didn't throw a pick and "outperformed" a terrible Moore, a terrible Jim, and a terrible Jake, he's ready?

That seems like a bad way to judge someone.

"Yeah, he's better than whatever poo we've had in the past, must be ready by NFL standards"

What about his footwork, his reads, his mechanics, his completions, etc.

No one wants to say it but if Cam wasn't looking to run, he would have hit Smitty on the crossing route right in front of his face. If Cam truly understood the playbook and his progressions, he would have known Smitty was crossing his face into the open zone and should have hit him in stride.

Great run, but if he doesn't understand the play design of these "vanilla" plays, it doesn't bode well. This was a major criticism of him coming in and it holds up.

I want them to start Derrick Anderson. He looks like a QB and is more successful at reading defenses.

#105 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

You're either a Cam hater or a Cam masturbator.

there's no middleground.

Disagree.

JOAT is the middle ground.

Me, on the other hand, would love nothing more than to **** him.

no homo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.