212 replies to this topic

#106 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:48 PM

The pocket was collapsing. Should he have waited until the last split second so people could've complained about him not stepping into his throws?

The success rate of him running for the first down on that play was 100%
The success rate for him hitting Steve and getting a first down was about 85%
=good decision. I'm sure as time goes on he'll be more comfortable with the speed, but for now he's making the safe decisions(no turnovers). Let's talk about the bullet that hit Shockey for the gain. How about the laser to Naanee, holy poo!!

Edited by ncmonzta, 02 September 2011 - 04:05 PM.

#107 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:49 PM

Can we cut this ignorant, childish nonsense of calling everyone a hater that has an opinion that isn't a part of the homer hivemind? Or are we still in grammar school?

Red rover at recess?

Why is it that everyone that thinks Cam can be a good player and had a great drive last night is part of some homer hivemind. And people who criticize him are just being real and clear headed truth tellers??

Edited by teeray, 02 September 2011 - 04:20 PM.

#108 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,276 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:09 PM

Why is it that everyone that thinks Cam can be a ggood player and had a great drive last night is part of some homer hivemind. And people who criticize him are just being real and clear headed trith tellers??

your fingers are too fat

#109 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:11 PM

Darin Gantt
This. RT @BruceBrewski Amazing what a little pass protection will do (for Cam), magically made his mechanics better. Wait til we run better.

Someone gets it.

#110 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:18 PM

Why is it that everyone that thinks Cam can be a ggood player and had a great drive last night is part of some homer hivemind. And people who criticize him are just being real and clear headed trith tellers??

your fingers are too fat

*sniff* shut up :(

#111 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 16,828 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:20 PM

I can assure you I'm no Cam nut hugger, but you can't deny he was pretty impressive last night. Perfect? No, but it's amazing how much better he looks when he's not running for his life.

#112 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

Truth is my celll phone is on the fritz..... fug it yeah it is my fat fingers

#113 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:22 PM

I can assure you I'm no Cam nut hugger, but you can't deny he was pretty impressive last night. Perfect? No, but it's amazing how much better he looks when he's not running for his life.

:cam:

#114 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

So now we have to put up with more of this run-first QB crap?

Cam has what, 4 or 5 runs this preseason, compared to 57 passes.

Wait, let me run to my game recording and study, I don't know, maybe Terrell McClain for several hours, so I can come on here and spout nonsense about why he will never be a player in this league. Why? Because I have some irrational dislike for the guy. After all, he is going to cause my favorite player to be cut, and we can't have that.

But yeah, I only do this out of my desire for the long term success of the Panthers.

Give me a break.

#115 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

So now we have to put up with more of this run-first QB crap?

Cam has what, 4 or 5 runs this preseason, compared to 57 passes.

Wait, let me run to my game recording and study, I don't know, maybe Terrell McClain for several hours, so I can come on here and spout nonsense about why he will never be a player in this league. Why? Because I have some irrational dislike for the guy. After all, he is going to cause my favorite player to be cut, and we can't have that.

But yeah, I only do this out of my desire for the long term success of the Panthers.

Give me a break.

What you've described is pretty decent overview of a "Village Idiot's guide Huddle posting and trolling!"

Pretty good recount of how it works.

#116 rico6

rico6

Shit.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:33 PM

This can't be happening again.

#117 PantherBrew

PantherBrew

Educated White Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hahahahahahaha.

Michael Wilbon: "Cam Newton is the Real Deal."

Posted Image

#118 blackcatgrowl

blackcatgrowl

Trolls live here

• HUDDLER
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:43 PM

This can't be happening again.

It's gonna happen until Newton retires man. People love to hate the kid.

#119 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:47 PM

thoughts from albert breer i thought were interesting...

AlbertBreer Very interesting to see how Chudzinski employs Newton ... Guys get tagged as "college QBs", but too often it's a square peg/round hole deal.

AlbertBreer ... I'd like to see a coach have the guts to go all the way with an athletic QB, tailoring offense to him, rather than trying to change him.

#120 Gin and Juice

Gin and Juice

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:48 PM

You guys got to stop this mess! As Panther fans, we have reason for some optimism and instead we are micro analyzing every move Cam makes! I guess it is fair to say that all the critics started off in their own chosen professions making the perfect choice in every scenerio?

Things take time and confidence in his own decision making has to develop, however, if his plan B always gets us 15+ yards them dammit I am pleased as a fan! We all knew his passing would be a work in progress but at least he can sub out his learning curve with incredible gains with his legs!

And if I was smith then damn straight I would have been happy about that play.....we moved the chains and made something happen! His teammates love him and he has a lot to offer with potential to offer so much more. Will he get to elite status........I don't know, but let's all STFU about it for awhile and enjoy the ride! I think we will be ok as long as we expect him to be the rookie he is! 7-9 record this year will be outstanding IMO cause we still have a lot more work to do on both sides of the ball. But I don't think that means drafting a QB in the near future. Then again maybe he bombs, but he does have that winners "swag" and that's something that can't be coached........everything else can.

And for the record, I was so dead set against drafting him because I wanted to spend this past draft working on defense, but that's why I am an electrician and not a GM. Either way, he is my man now cause he leads the Panther offense and Im pulling for him hard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.