129 replies to this topic

#1 setzer2030

setzer2030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:21 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...arterback-issue

I really wish writers like this would disappear. I hate how we're still hearing people whine about racism in 2011. Jemele Hill is always looking to whine and complain in some way, so of course she brings up Cam's race. :banghead:

Edited by setzer2030, 02 September 2011 - 08:04 PM.

#2 God

God

Attitude

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:40 PM

that sheboon needs to get off of my television and internet

#3 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

She's gonna be a lonely old lady sitting on her porch in Georgia one day in the future. I think she is an idiot, on and off 1st and 10. I guess she doesn't know that Jimmy was a pick that fell to us, while Cam was drafted to be the face of a franchise no matter where he went. Different standards, yes. But also different situations.

#4 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,111 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:12 PM

Good to see that some can still make a career on the sole process of race baiting and stepping on the backs of the people that fought so hard for her to get the freedom that she DOES have. True influential thinkers that helped change this country for the better during the civil rights movement would be dismayed at her trivial continuation of such bitter sentiment about relatively minor transgressions that she has perceived as a slight against her race.

The reason racism still exists is because of people like this, both black and white, that CONTINUE to make race a point of contention and further drive us apart with the constant rhetoric of how double standards that aren't even real double standards are being practiced.

I wish she would for once do something productive for her race, my race, the races of all mankind and shut down her career. When you are "known", as THE race baiting presence in the American sports market you're doing your people a tremendous disservice. She is NOT the unified voice of black people like she seems to think.

I was incredibly heartened by Stephen A. Smith's take on this issue. He evaluated it fairly.

#5 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

Jemele is right. More and more people are speaking out and seeing the double standard. The NFL is 40-50 years behind all the other sports when it comes to diversity and ridding itself of its "plantation" roots. Teams like our Panthers embracing diversity and putting a black QB out there is a positive step in the right direction.

#6 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:35 PM

Thats a pure race baiting article published by a media outlet that racebaits everything they do.

If more people would worry about the quality of a human being and less about their skin we would be so much better off.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,764 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:36 PM

Can't we all just come together in A Good Old Fashioned Orgy?

In theaters today...

http://www.rottentom...fashioned-orgy/

:D

#8 Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious

i want to have Ronda Rousey's children

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:38 PM

drivel. nothing but drivel. Social engineering. another failed liberal policy.

#9 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:40 PM

If more people would worry about the quality of a human being and less about their skin we would be so much better off.

Agreed.

Unfortunately presentation IS everything with some people, and that comes before the quality of one's character. A lot of the things Jemele speaks of are spoken amongst black fans and black players in the NFL.

#10 ncmonzta

ncmonzta

CBA=Offer U Can't Refuse

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 09:54 PM

http://espn.go.com/e...arterback-issue

I really wish writers like this would disappear. I hate how we're still hearing people whine about racism in 2011. Jemele Hill is always looking to whine and complain in some way, so of course she brings up Cam's race. :banghead:

She isn't necessarily whining, just saying what it is. Not calling you out, but people have to be pretty ignorant to think there isnt racist people or racism in 2011. If you don't know or haven't seen any racists or racial discrimination its because you aren't around any other races or you live in blindashellville its out there no matter how much we rather it not be.

#11 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,764 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:02 PM

Oh I know, I got a couple of friends...drives me crazy when they say some of the poo they say.

BTW they are not sports fans. FWIW

#12 Mr ocho nueve

Mr ocho nueve

Cam can't have my Number

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

After re-reading the article, I realize she must have been high when she wrote this, no valid points at all.

#13 setzer2030

setzer2030

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

She isn't necessarily whining, just saying what it is. Not calling you out, but people have to be pretty ignorant to think there isnt racist people or racism in 2011. If you don't know or haven't seen any racists or racial discrimination its because you aren't around any other races or you live in blindashellville its out there no matter how much we rather it not be.

I realize completely there is still racism in 2011 so maybe I should have worded that differently. I was merely saying that its pathetic that people like Jemele Hill (who writes countless articles on the subject) are still fishing for ways to make articles about racism in 2011. Jerry is just as old school as they come and so he told Cam he preferred him without tats or piercings. Personally I'm all for self expression in those ways, but that's just the big cat's opinion. So Jemele has to make an article about race and mentioned checking gums, which disgusts me. She always seems so angry and its just pathetic to me. Is there racism in the world? Of course, but if anyone is racist I feel that it is Jemele herself.

#14 o_O

o_O

Cam Newton

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:00 AM

See what happens when a woman wonders out of the kitchen?

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 17,898 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:17 AM

Jemele is right. More and more people are speaking out and seeing the double standard. The NFL is 40-50 years behind all the other sports when it comes to diversity and ridding itself of its "plantation" roots. Teams like our Panthers embracing diversity and putting a black QB out there is a positive step in the right direction.

I always thought the whole black QB gets treated like sh^t thing was true but a little overstated. Sadly, it wasn't until we drafted Cam and I started reading comments on national sites like PFT that I saw the light a little better. I guess once you have some skin in the game (no pun intended) it opens your eyes more. Of course, the comments leading up to the draft were bad as well, but so many people want him to fail.

Watching Cam prove everybody wrong is going to be freaking awesome.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 03 September 2011 - 06:21 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.