Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jemele Hill is at it again

130 posts in this topic

Posted

that sheboon needs to get off of my television and internet

Posted

She's gonna be a lonely old lady sitting on her porch in Georgia one day in the future. I think she is an idiot, on and off 1st and 10. I guess she doesn't know that Jimmy was a pick that fell to us, while Cam was drafted to be the face of a franchise no matter where he went. Different standards, yes. But also different situations.

Posted

Good to see that some can still make a career on the sole process of race baiting and stepping on the backs of the people that fought so hard for her to get the freedom that she DOES have. True influential thinkers that helped change this country for the better during the civil rights movement would be dismayed at her trivial continuation of such bitter sentiment about relatively minor transgressions that she has perceived as a slight against her race.

The reason racism still exists is because of people like this, both black and white, that CONTINUE to make race a point of contention and further drive us apart with the constant rhetoric of how double standards that aren't even real double standards are being practiced.

I wish she would for once do something productive for her race, my race, the races of all mankind and shut down her career. When you are "known", as THE race baiting presence in the American sports market you're doing your people a tremendous disservice. She is NOT the unified voice of black people like she seems to think.

I was incredibly heartened by Stephen A. Smith's take on this issue. He evaluated it fairly.

Posted

Jemele is right. More and more people are speaking out and seeing the double standard. The NFL is 40-50 years behind all the other sports when it comes to diversity and ridding itself of its "plantation" roots. Teams like our Panthers embracing diversity and putting a black QB out there is a positive step in the right direction.

Posted

Thats a pure race baiting article published by a media outlet that racebaits everything they do.

If more people would worry about the quality of a human being and less about their skin we would be so much better off.

Posted

drivel. nothing but drivel. Social engineering. another failed liberal policy.

Posted

If more people would worry about the quality of a human being and less about their skin we would be so much better off.

Agreed.

Unfortunately presentation IS everything with some people, and that comes before the quality of one's character. A lot of the things Jemele speaks of are spoken amongst black fans and black players in the NFL.

Posted

http://espn.go.com/espn/commentary/story/_/page/hill-110830/michael-vick-cam-newton-deal-black-quarterback-issue

I really wish writers like this would disappear. I hate how we're still hearing people whine about racism in 2011. Jemele Hill is always looking to whine and complain in some way, so of course she brings up Cam's race. :banghead:

She isn't necessarily whining, just saying what it is. Not calling you out, but people have to be pretty ignorant to think there isnt racist people or racism in 2011. If you don't know or haven't seen any racists or racial discrimination its because you aren't around any other races or you live in blindashellville its out there no matter how much we rather it not be.

Posted

Oh I know, I got a couple of friends...drives me crazy when they say some of the poo they say.

BTW they are not sports fans. FWIW

Posted

After re-reading the article, I realize she must have been high when she wrote this, no valid points at all.