Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New coaching staff has no loyalties

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Really, you negged me for the hit pic of the week?

3 people like this

Posted

i vote for a proofreading/editing quiz be installed as part of the member registration for the huddle.

Posted

Hurney is the one with the final call on signings, not anyone else. I'm sure that he is more than influenced by the coaches opinion and wishes, and I'm sure that a lot of the cut's had to do with the coaches appraisals of the players. To assume, however, and Hurney doesn't have a say on who we sign is beyond stupid.

1 person likes this

Posted

Still can't get past Fox

Posted

Ok morons you do realize that Hurney does ask Rivera for his opinion on all personnel moves in every direction, whether he acts on them one way or another is a different story, but he does ask his opinion.

Posted

I'd say the PANTHERS are loyal. Did you forget about the "core" players that we resigned/extended this offseason? We cut players not worth a damn....well maybe not sutton.

1 person likes this

Posted

LMAO at the tags

Posted

why are ppl getting pissy? OP is right, players who fit fox's system might not necessarily fit Chudz/McDermott offenses and defenses. no reason to assume a fox guy will get signed simply because he was a former panther.

unknot thy panties.

Posted

Really, you negged me for the hit pic of the week?

I repd. you to make up for it.:)

1 person likes this

Posted

Ok morons you do realize that Hurney does ask Rivera for his opinion on all personnel moves in every direction, whether he acts on them one way or another is a different story, but he does ask his opinion.

OH NOES!!!!! Personal attacks!

Posted

OH NOES!!!!! Personal attacks!
directed at who? i quoted no one and called out no one, I made a general statement. you cannot make a personal attack if you do not attack a person in a personal way.

I made a true statement indirectly towards a group of people. thus not personal in nature.

:D

Posted

To be honest, loyalty is a novel concept on most coaching staffs.

It was one of Fox's weaknesses that he was overly loyal to vets - even beyond when they were performing - and distrustful of rookies.

From what I've seen of Rivera, I think he has all the "loyalty" of a mafia godfather.