Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JakeFlake

Clowney, Keiser, Payne, Browning Cut

43 posts in this topic

Yeah, glad I'm not the only one disappointed with the axe of Clowney. Hopefully he gets to play elsewhere. I'll add him to the list with Sutton for those who I hope find a team before the season starts.

Surprised that we went ahead and cut Everette Brown at this point, but it make sense... the guy showed nothing this preseason.

Man I'd like to have those 1st and 2nd round picks back...

I think the problem is that Clowney is basically a one-trick pony, he has speed and that's about it.

We still have Armanti so we are golden.

Clowney has good straight ahead speed, that's about it. He's short, not very laterally quick, and he only really played well against 2nd stringers and worse. He's been in the league a good few years now and has done exactly dick and poo. Get over it.

1 person likes this

Yeah but if Clowney would have scored a TD we could have yelled bad ass tag lines at the tv, like you just got clowned or attack of the killer clowns.That would have been sweet.

We all have players we watch hoping they make the team. It is Bell for me this year. And we try and keep up with them where ever they go. BUT, getting cut by the Panthers cannot look good on the ol' resume.

This staff is going to do anything they can come up with to try and improve this team. IMO, Rivera and CO. have a pretty good idea of who they are looking for. Unfortunately, at this point in time, they may have to install a revolving door on the locker room.

Short story long, we have holes at DT, CB, WR, G, and maybe FB. Going to interest me watching how this unfolds.

My Giddy is having growig pains. And GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!

Ugh WTF. I'm usually the first person to defend this new staff but cutting Clowney just pisses me off. The guy has done much more than any other WR to earn the #2 spot yet they cut him and sign some unknown guy that no one has ever heard of in their entire life. I wouldn't care if they were making moves to actually improve the team, but they're making moves just to get their old buddies from their former team.

this seems like rivera wants people he knows over people with potential

:confused: Cut Clowney and get some guy I never heard of.

The guy has done much more than any other WR to earn the #2 spot yet they cut him and sign some unknown guy that no one has ever heard of in their entire life.

Do you think anyone outside of Jets and Panthers fans has a clue who Clowney is?

Do you think anyone outside of Jets and Panthers fans has a clue who Clowney is?

That's kind of beside the point, BB.

Can anyone make an argument that Armanti Edwards is a better receiver than Clowney is? You can't because he's not. I was pleased to see they bit the bullet and cut Everette Brown; they should have done the same with Armanti Edwards.

Can anyone make an argument that Armanti Edwards is a better receiver than Clowney is? You can't because he's not. I was pleased to see they bit the bullet and cut Everette Brown; they should have done the same with Armanti Edwards.

You must have forgotten the memo: AE is our #3.;)