Photo
- - - - -

Seyi Ajirotutu, WR from Chargers claimed

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
123 replies to this topic

#121 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

SUPPORTER

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:28 PM

Yeah, I know he spent part of the year on the PS, but he seems to fit the mold of the offense, which is very similar to SD's.

Rivers is from here, most of us realize how good he is. I just hate, loath Norv Turner.

#122 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:37 PM

I was about to make a thread about these SD Wide receivers we have been getting. I know they already have played in the offense we run but how good are they without Rivers? Both Naanee and Ajirotutu have good stats considering the playing time they received and being buried in the depth chart but is Rivers the reason why their stats are that good? are their stats inflated? can they produce without Rivers? I have a lot of faith in Ajirotutu but he could be a product of a great QB.

#123 dashen87

dashen87

• Pip
ROOKIE

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:54 PM

I know they already have played in the offense we run but how good are they without Rivers? Both Naanee and Ajirotutu have good stats considering the playing time they received and being buried in the depth chart but is Rivers the reason why their stats are that good? are their stats inflated? can they produce without Rivers? I have a lot of faith in Ajirotutu but he could be a product of a great QB.

Buried in the depth chart - LA started in VJack's absence start of season and Ajirotutu was an undrafted free agent on the practice squad this time last year. Neither played enough to accumulate any "stats" for the year. But yes, Rivers does make a "huge" difference. And these guys experience with Philip can only help Cam grow and mature. Again, it all depends on your quarterback. He's got to deliver.

#124 Chimera

Chimera

Not Bant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

I can't say that, SO FAR, even the Nanee signing gives me a lot of confidence in Rivera's evaluation of WRs. I did not see him running crisp routes or getting much separation during pre-season. Maybe that will change during the regular season? This guys sounds intriguing, but I don't care how tall or fast the guy is...I just care that he can 'produce' on the field. We will see.

I think Naanee was brought in to be more of a goal line threat if the tight ends are covered. He doesn't seem fast or that good of a route runner, but he's big enough (and hopefully has the hands) to be a goal line threat.