Photo
- - - - -

But but he got cut from *insert team name here* he sucks!...

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,046 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:42 PM

Im getting pretty sick of this ignorant, ill-informed argument that is being thrown around here a lot lately. Just because a player was cut from a bad team does not make the player bad. Also, just because a player was cut from a team where said position doesn't look good for that team also doesn't make that player bad. Players can be cut for a variety of reasons. Mostly becasue they don't fit the team's scheme. For example, Tommie Harris who was cut from the Colts because they prefer smaller DTs who rely on speed more than strength. Or our very own Max Jean-Gilles who was cut because Cincy wants to get smaller up front. So please, stop labeling a player bad just because he was cut. It makes you look stupid and it's a very annoying stance.

#2 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:43 PM

He got cut from the Panthers, he must really suck...

#3 Swarly

Swarly

MichaelJordanLaughing.gif

• HUDDLER
  • 4,221 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:44 PM

just sayin tommie harris was probably cut because he's not a good DT anymore, not because he didn't fit the Colts scheme.

#4 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Im not saying Giles sucks but when a guy gets cut from a team then signed by another and is cut within a few weeks what are we supposed to think? for example look at Kentwan Balmer who we picked up from the Seahawks, we cut him within a week. Why? because he sucks. I know there can be multiple reasons why players get cut but lets face it most of the time a player gets cut because he sucks.

#5 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,046 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

Im not saying Giles sucks but when a guy gets cut from a team then signed by another and is cut within a few weeks what are we supposed to think? for example look at Kentwan Balmer who we picked up from the Seahawks, we cut him within a week. Why? because he sucks. I know there can be multiple reasons why players get cut but lets face it most of the time a player gets cut because he sucks.

Did you check how abundant that position may be for that team? Did you check to see if they use a certain type of scheme on their o-line that he doesn't fit?

#6 rmoneyg35

rmoneyg35

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

Did you check how abundant that position may be for that team? Did you check to see if they use a certain type of scheme on their o-line that he doesn't fit?

I said that there are multiple reasons why players get cut/waived but the most common reason why is because they didn't produce for their team the way the coaches wanted them to. This could because the player can't play that scheme, or he was injured or had a bad coach to teach him their scheme. Still the player sucked where he was at more than likely. There are plenty of players that will have a great season or careers that were cut today. Just because they sucked at one place doesn't mean they will suck here.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,746 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:53 PM

Balmer was cut because he was out of shape, not because he sucked.

#8 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:54 PM

the collective knowledge of most of the posters here comes from madden and stats. I'm not surprised some people don't know what the hell they are talking about.

#9 GritsRgreat

GritsRgreat

Banned

• Banned
  • 9,101 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

but yeah he sucks too.

Balmer

#10 Jangler

Jangler

a head full of candy corn

• HUDDLER
  • 47,540 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

for example look at Kentwan Balmer who we picked up from the Seahawks, we cut him within a week. Why? because he sucks.

I think that is why....Posted Image

#11 OneBadassCat

OneBadassCat

• HUDDLER
  • 5,082 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

Well we haven't seen them play yet so they might actually suck.

#12 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:58 PM

it all depends on how strong the team is at the position. like with that thomas guy from the cowboys....CB is as weak as WR for us. i could see people maybe being interested in an LB or an RB from the panthers, but not a WR.

he was a CB that was cut from a team that was weak at CB.

it's a valid way to judge. what else is there to go on? college scout reports? lol

#13 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,046 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

it all depends on how strong the team is at the position. like with that thomas guy from the cowboys....CB is as weak as WR for us. i could see people maybe being interested in an LB or an RB from the panthers, but not a WR.

he was a CB that was cut from a team that was weak at CB.

it's a valid way to judge. what else is there to go on? college scout reports? lol

why must you judge him right away? why can't you withhold judgement until you see him on the field?

#14 Gipetto

Gipetto

SWAG SONIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:02 PM

our superbowl team had horrible corners that were no names so i've learned to wait and see

#15 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,429 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

why must you judge him right away? why can't you withhold judgement until you see him on the field?

why not? if i can't see how the team benefits from grabbing a scrub from a team that is weak at the position, i'm not going to pretend i don't and i don't feel it necessary or particularly helpful to keep criticisms or legit concerns quiet.

either way, it doesn't matter how good or bad you feel about a decision because until it's tested in games that matters (or gets cut before that happens) we won't really know how it will work out. doesn't mean we should all blindly agree that it is a great decision.

if you say it's a good call, you are judging him in the same way someone who says it isn't a good call.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com