30 replies to this topic

#1 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

After 9/11, I haven’t written about this yet, but the Central Intelligence Agency was very deeply involved in domestic activities against people they thought to be enemies of the state. Without any legal authority for it. They haven’t been called on it yet. That does happen.

"Right now, today, there was a story in the New York Times that if you read it carefully mentioned something known as the Joint Special Operations Command -- JSOC it’s called. It is a special wing of our special operations community that is set up independently. They do not report to anybody, except in the Bush-Cheney days, they reported directly to the Cheney office. They did not report to the chairman of the joint chiefs of staff or to Mr. [Robert] Gates, the secretary of defense. They reported directly to him. ...

"Congress has no oversight of it. It’s an executive assassination ring essentially, and it’s been going on and on and on. Just today in the Times there was a story that its leaders, a three star admiral named [William H.] McRaven, ordered a stop to it because there were so many collateral deaths.

"Under President Bush’s authority, they’ve been going into countries, not talking to the ambassador or the CIA station chief, and finding people on a list and executing them and leaving. That’s been going on, in the name of all of us.

"It’s complicated because the guys doing it are not murderers, and yet they are committing what we would normally call murder. It’s a very complicated issue. Because they are young men that went into the Special Forces. The Delta Forces you’ve heard about. Navy Seal teams. Highly specialized.

"In many cases, they were the best and the brightest. Really, no exaggerations. Really fine guys that went in to do the kind of necessary jobs that they think you need to do to protect America. And then they find themselves torturing people.

"I’ve had people say to me -- five years ago, I had one say: ‘What do you call it when you interrogate somebody and you leave them bleeding and they don’t get any medical committee and two days later he dies. Is that murder? What happens if I get before a committee?’

"But they’re not gonna get before a committee.”

remember this next time you rise up to defend this man

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:52 PM

More young men that will be enduring their own demons for years to come - everyone thinks in terms of getting soldiers home or not, or right and wrongs of war, but just like Vietnam we are going to have a lot of young people with problems to take care of.

#3 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:00 PM

worrying about the men who carried out the orders is missing the point by miiiiiiiilllllleeeesssssss

#4 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:05 PM

True, but there are actual people that are sent to do these things that are going to have issues down the road.

#5 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

True, but there are actual people that are sent to do these things that are going to have issues down the road.

Don't try to point that out to Fiz, he's not worried about the "little people." Well, not if they're americans anyway...

Sorry Fiz, couldn't find a match...:P

#6 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:24 PM

Is that the full article? Link? I want to read more...

#7 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Is that the full article? Link? I want to read more...

ask and ye shall receive

http://www.minnpost....assination_ring

#8 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

I'm sorry but if it is anything like that cool part in Patriot Games when the covert guys secretly stormed that camp, wiping out the bad guys...well, I'm all for it!

Can't believe this is major news to many of you. Of course we do that kind of stuff. Have been forever. Lots of special forces guys stationed here have tons of stories to tell, if they were allowed to. But they do drop hints and every now and then some interesting stuff comes out. And not all of it is made up.

#9 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:33 PM

Now I am convinced that Bush is a murdering, lying traitor to all! Yup, that story did it for me. BRING THE CHARGES!!! THERE'S THE PROOF!

#10 Htar

Htar

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

i'm sorry but if it is anything like that cool part in patriot games when the covert guys secretly stormed that camp, wiping out the bad guys...well, i'm all for it!

Can't believe this is major news to many of you. Of course we do that kind of stuff. Have been forever. Lots of special forces guys stationed here have tons of stories to tell, if they were allowed to. But they do drop hints and every now and then some interesting stuff comes out. And not all of it is made up.

well, then the military needs to be brought up on charges!!! Call the un!!!;)

#11 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,885 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

Now I am convinced that Bush is a murdering, lying traitor to all! Yup, that story did it for me. BRING THE CHARGES!!! THERE'S THE PROOF!

do you know who seymour hersch is

#12 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

I've always been more of a fan of black ops than full scale military operations...sometimes 1 bullet can cause just as much chaos as 10,000 troops

#13 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:48 PM

I've always been more of a fan of black ops than full scale military operations...sometimes 1 bullet can cause just as much chaos as 10,000 troops

The training for that stuff around here is always going on.

#14 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,612 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:51 PM

Thats why you never talk poo to anyone with long hair or scruffy looking around fayetteville

#15 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,893 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:55 PM

Good thing that 98% of us here love our military.

Even when they are shaking our homes off their foundations with the exploding shells.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.