#1 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:24 PM

I think we should draft him if we're in position to in April. MJG just signed a one year deal, Otah is always banged up and Gross is getting older and more expensive. He gives us instant depth, security and a guy who can replace either of our OT's when the time comes.

Not a sexy pick, but I believe in building teams from the inside out. The line of scrimmage is where games are won and lost.

Thoughts?

#2 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:31 AM

I like it a lot. I think Kalil ends up being one of the better players from next years draft. He's a stud at LT. If Otah gets hurt again, Carolina should draft Kalil and start him from day 1 as the LT. Move Gross back to RT for the rest of his career. IMO his skill set is better suited for RT anyways.

#3 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,511 posts
  • LocationS.L.R.C.

Posted 05 September 2011 - 01:41 AM

If we're in the top 3, I'd trade that pick away. If we're in the top 5 I'd go for Kalil for sure.

Part of me wants our team to have a high pick so we can trade it away for more picks, then part of me wants our team to pick in the late 20's...Realistically. I'd want those lines to be solid though. So I say hell yeah to Kalil.

#4 SOJA

SOJA

King McNutt 2016

• HUDDLER
  • 9,175 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:42 AM

I agree joat

#5 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

I definitely wouldn't mind Kalil at all but I think CB or DT is more of a pressing need. Someone like Cliff Harris would go a LONG way to improving our defense....

#6 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:19 PM

Personally, I want Robert Woods to sue the NFL and enter the draft

#7 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:25 PM

I definitely wouldn't mind Kalil at all but I think CB or DT is more of a pressing need. Someone like Cliff Harris would go a LONG way to improving our defense....

I agree with this. And I also think that most if this board doesn't know of any other OTs in the country besides Kalil and gush over him mainly since he's Ryan's brother lol

#8 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:36 PM

I agree with this. And I also think that most if this board doesn't know of any other OTs in the country besides Kalil and gush over him mainly since he's Ryan's brother lol

Matt is the best OT in the country by a far margin....CB is just a much bigger need IMO. It has nothing to do with people not knowing other OT....

#9 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:38 PM

Personally, I want Robert Woods to sue the NFL and enter the draft

Fug no, I wan't to see him, Prater and Farmer beast with each other next year...

#10 kdrh5

kdrh5

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

Matt is the best OT in the country by a far margin....CB is just a much bigger need IMO. It has nothing to do with people not knowing other OT....

I think he's the best in the country but not by as far a margin as you say. Riley Reiff and Jonathan Martin are both pretty good. And no, i dont think many people here know any other good OTs

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,405 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

I'll admit I don't know anything about any other LT candidates, but I've heard from several sources about how good he is and you know he'd have instant chemistry with the line.

#12 Varking

Varking

Enigma

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:25 AM

Robert Woods still has a lot to prove. Is the talent there? Oh yes! But he is inconsistent and you have to factor in he is surrounded by some of the best talent in college football. Last season he had a monster game, 12 catches, 224 yards, and 3 tds. Besides that game? Next week he had over 100 yards and 2 tds and then not another game the whole year over 100 yards. Only 1 other game with a single touchdown. That was it.

#13 Panthercougar68

Panthercougar68

The Nice

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 12:41 PM

Johnathan Martin out of Stanford is a name that's starting to pop up more and more. I however think he waits till 2013 and be the first tackle taken because I think Kalil has that locked for now.

Edit: Says he's a senior but I swore it said Junior the other day and it list his Sophomore season as last year????

http://www.gostanfor...jonathan00.html

Edited by Panthercougar68, 06 September 2011 - 12:43 PM.

#14 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Robert Woods still has a lot to prove. Is the talent there? Oh yes! But he is inconsistent and you have to factor in he is surrounded by some of the best talent in college football. Last season he had a monster game, 12 catches, 224 yards, and 3 tds. Besides that game? Next week he had over 100 yards and 2 tds and then not another game the whole year over 100 yards. Only 1 other game with a single touchdown. That was it.

Last year Ronald Johnson was USC's go to guy to....

#15 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:07 PM

While i think Kalil will be a very good pro player.. you simply don't draft players in the Top 5 for depth. You draft Top 5 players to make an immediate impact. As long as Gross and Otah are both on the team and healthy, then Kalil would not make an immediate impact. You have to go with WR/CB/DT at the top of the draft. Right now, it looks like WR will be the best value because there is a considerate drop off in talent, wheras, the CB position is fairly deep this year. And DT looks fairly weak throughout.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.