SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,153 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:04 PM

http://www.charlotte...ory/581978.html
If the Dream Act gets passed, will my son, whom is a resident of South Carolina, be able to attend any school in the U.S. for that schools in-state tuition rate?

Am I the only one who thinks this Dream Act is bullshit?

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 11 March 2009 - 08:16 PM.

#2 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 22,786 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:06 PM

I don't know, but maybe they can send you to school to learn how to properly format a link.

#3 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:07 PM

your kids would be too stupid to get into college so what's your gripe

#4 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

I don't know, but maybe they can send you to school to learn how to properly format a link.

I've been having problems with the Observer tonight.

#5 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

your kids would be too stupid to get into college so what's your gripe

Hey, it's Fiz!!! I've been wondering where your retarded ass has been. Didn't your mom home school you? I'll bet sex ed was a blast.

#6 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,786 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:10 PM

You don't have a problem with the Observer every night?

#7 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

• HUDDLER
  • 22,786 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:11 PM

Hey, it's Fiz!!! I've been wondering where your retarded ass has been. Didn't your mom home school you? I'll bet sex ed was a blast.

Oh I gotta remember that one

#8 Fiz

Fiz

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 10,852 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:12 PM

providence day ->charlotte catholic -> south mecklenburg

so essentially you're in favor of making paths to citizenship for children of immigrants fiscally impossible, and therefore by proxy are in favor of funneling more of them into military service to gain residency?

not only do you want them uneducated, you want them pulling triggers for us imperialism?

you're a sick fug!

#9 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:13 PM

http://www.charlotte...ory/581978.html

If the Dream Act gets passed, will my son, whom is a resident of South Carolina, be able to attend any school in the U.S. for that schools in-state tuition rate?

Am I the only one who thinks this Dream Act is bullshit?

nah, you already have schools in SC. *snicker*

#10 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

providence day ->charlotte catholic -> south mecklenburg
so essentially you're in favor of making paths to citizenship for children of immigrants fiscally impossible, and therefore by proxy are in favor of funneling more of them into military service to gain residency?

not only do you want them uneducated, you want them pulling triggers for us imperialism?

you're a sick fug!

That explains it.

#11 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:17 PM

Should work now. When you're done blowing your client, take a reading break. :D

#12 Panthro

Panthro

Bunned

• Moderators
  • 23,248 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

Yeah don't be insulting Charlotte Catholic...lol

#13 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:39 AM

Interesting...my wife and I have been dealing with this issue as of late. We both teach, and some (or in her case many) of our students are here illegally. The vast majority are under 18 and have been here since they were brought here by their parents as small children. Some of these kids are really wonderful. Smart, polite, hard working, just great people. So the problem we face is that because we have to offer them education in the public setting, yet the laws currently aren't allowing them to get any post high school education how then do we encourage these students to want to achieve high results in schools and associated test scores? Wow, that's probably a run on sentence. My wife is the english teacher after all.

I know that the conservative bias on this board is pretty high, but can anyone tell me why preventing these students from going after some type of post high school education is so bad? How does it hurt our country? They would still have to figure out how to pay for it just like everyone else. Personally, I am having a hard time figuring out how allowing those illegal immigrants who meet certain requirements the ability to go to college. Anyone?

The positives, wow, I can see a lot of those.
1. Reduction in latino gang involvement. These illegal immigrant kids join gangs because its the only organization that will ensure them some kind of future. I think reducing the number of kids going into gangs is a common goal.
2. Stronger latino communities gaining upward mobility because of better education and jobs.
3. Increased tax revenue as these upwardly mobile people buy things like houses, cars, and other goods as well as more income taxes paid from legal, high paying jobs.
4. Greater national pride in America. A new generation of people who truely appreciate the opportunities afforded by the USA.

I have to stop because I have to get ready for work, but I do not see a lot of "bad" in the Dream act. So long as their are requirements for those using the Dream act so its not an easy gateway to legal status for the negative aspects of latino society, what do we have to lose?

And you know what, if they push the whites and blacks out of their jobs, then good. That's capitalism. You have to earn your keep. There has been too much incompetence in our work force for far too long.

#14 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:11 AM

Interesting...my wife and I have been dealing with this issue as of late. We both teach, and some (or in her case many) of our students are here illegally. The vast majority are under 18 and have been here since they were brought here by their parents as small children. Some of these kids are really wonderful. Smart, polite, hard working, just great people. So the problem we face is that because we have to offer them education in the public setting, yet the laws currently aren't allowing them to get any post high school education how then do we encourage these students to want to achieve high results in schools and associated test scores? Wow, that's probably a run on sentence. My wife is the english teacher after all.

I know that the conservative bias on this board is pretty high, but can anyone tell me why preventing these students from going after some type of post high school education is so bad? How does it hurt our country? They would still have to figure out how to pay for it just like everyone else. Personally, I am having a hard time figuring out how allowing those illegal immigrants who meet certain requirements the ability to go to college. Anyone?

The positives, wow, I can see a lot of those.
1. Reduction in latino gang involvement. These illegal immigrant kids join gangs because its the only organization that will ensure them some kind of future. I think reducing the number of kids going into gangs is a common goal.
2. Stronger latino communities gaining upward mobility because of better education and jobs.
3. Increased tax revenue as these upwardly mobile people buy things like houses, cars, and other goods as well as more income taxes paid from legal, high paying jobs.
4. Greater national pride in America. A new generation of people who truely appreciate the opportunities afforded by the USA.

I have to stop because I have to get ready for work, but I do not see a lot of "bad" in the Dream act. So long as their are requirements for those using the Dream act so its not an easy gateway to legal status for the negative aspects of latino society, what do we have to lose?

And you know what, if they push the whites and blacks out of their jobs, then good. That's capitalism. You have to earn your keep. There has been too much incompetence in our work force for far too long.

First, your illegal students should be thrilled they are allowed to attend our crowded public schools for free.

I'm not trying to deny any legal resident an education. Why do people ignore the ILLEGAL part of illegal alien? Why should we reduce the cost of college for one group of people? Do you know how many people that are not US citizens come here to get college educations in the U.S.? Get a student Visa. If we are going to go down this path, I want my son to have the same opportunities. He should be able to attend any school in the U.S. for that schools in-state tuition.

Edited by SouthCakPanther, 12 March 2009 - 06:21 AM.

#15 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 19,153 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 06:14 AM

I know that the conservative bias on this board is pretty high,...

:lol: This statement needs to go into the hall of fame. I can count on one hand, the number of conservative voices on this board.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.